A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I think my coonhound has killed 6 possum. They took down a storage shed nextdoor & we had an invasion. Haven't seen any lately. Or maybe my hound is slacking. Like my turkeys....
My hens provided three eggs today. There might still be a fourth since I caughtt one of the smaller hens in a chicken nest box a little while ago. Fortunately I had already collected the chicken eggs (11 from 13 hens).

The greenhouse was 106°F and the Gold Nuggets were delicious.

Last night, there was a possum trying to get in my turkey pen.... The last one I saw trying to do that got one of my pullets (a week or so ago). He didn't have a happy ending. This one will hopefully share the same fate as the last one. I found a live trap for $20 on Facebook and went and picked it up. I really didn't want to pay $70 for a new one. Anyone know any good recipes for possum? Lol
These traps work on possum and coon .. the chances of catching anything else is slim.. I leave them out all year baited with marshmellows and peanut butter...

This guy over did it.. you only need one to hold them for you..
394FD3A2-019E-4088-AF75-178790325F56.png

These traps work on possum and coon .. the chances of catching anything else is slim.. I leave them out all year baited with marshmellows and peanut butter...

This guy over did it.. you only need one to hold them for you.. View attachment 1716928
Unless you get a big old boar coon in one that twists his leg off like one did for me. Or even worse skunks can get caught in them.

Back
Top Bottom