A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Annabelle started squatting today, because she refused to sleep with the Turks and hangs out near the heat lamp in the cream legbars section, she's decided she might be ready to lay soon.... The silly jakes practically ignore her, and I singled out the blue to pen with her because I don't want a mob trying to breed her....
He's pacing around and she's flopped herself right there in his path....

Annabelle started squatting today, because she refused to sleep with the Turks and hangs out near the heat lamp in the cream legbars section, she's decided she might be ready to lay soon.... The silly jakes practically ignore her, and I singled out the blue to pen with her because I don't want a mob trying to breed her....
He's pacing around and she's flopped herself right there in his path....
The males need the extra light as much as the females do to get them in the mood and producing sperm.

Oh no everyone help! Belle isn’t giving me any time to figure out a roost! When I got home she was out of the enclosure lots of little turkey footprints in the snow showed me she was just walking around the run in circles for a while all worried! Luckily it wasn’t hard to grab her but then as I was looking for a tree branch or something to put in the actual coop she jumped back on the roof 2 more times! I had to coax her off because I didn’t want her to jump out again.

I used the saw horse idea for her coop I tried to show her aka picked her up and tried to put her on but she thought I was murdering her so oh well. I left it in there but it’s just a plastic one idk if the top is wide enough!

Now I’m trying to figure out something for when I’m at work I don’t want her to jump out and get stuck again since she can’t figure out how to get back in..
would a ladder work?! We have an 8 ft ladder I can put it in the middle of the run and hopefully that will keep her happy until I get home. I’m going to have my fiancé cut a board tomm but he had to stay late at work.
Urgh I thought she would at least give me until the weekend!

16! AND snow! Its currently almost 60 here! Its 3 in the morning & can't sleep. Hate when that happens! Coonhound hound wants to go scout the backyard but won't dare to let him out at this time. Someone would call the cops if he went off! Trying to read myself back to sleep but the hound is intently staring at me. A bit unnerving. There are specific issues owning a big hound....but hes such a lovable goofball.
Mason was passed out last night dead asleep. I had to drag his lazy butt to the kennel to go to bed. . he seemed to have 4 broken legs and was unable to walk there himself. :lau

28 here. Don't laugh at me....I'm cold! Hound is cold. Put his hat on to keep his ears warm. Turkey girls love this weather tho. Hopping around happily. Chickens....not so much.
I need to see this hound in his hat.

:drool gorgeous.

20190709_113456.jpg

Back
Top Bottom