A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

:lau:gig:lau It’s in the mid-thirties here. Sorta cloudy/clear on & off, windy and damp. Really nice day! :celebrate
I alternately whine and celebrate, depending on the wind (which has gone down). I’m almost done with my rehab coop-in-the-coop. Just gotta put the wheels on the back.

Turkey eggs abound here... even with the 7 degree weather this morning! DD set another 40 turkey eggs Saturday. Have a single going into lockdown with 6 Nn eggs tonight.

40 eggs! My goodness that's a lot of poults!

I need to take pictures of my babies. They're getting big and are so energetic and excitable :) All are penciled, except the little one who looks like just a palm

It was horrendous here today weather wise too.. I was off work but basically it snowed last night and rained ice all day so now everything is encased in ice. We had to chip most of the latches because we couldn’t even get them closed! Belle looked chilly but there were plenty of places for her to go inside so idk her deal.
Also so funny Wilson can bully a little when I scatter corn and he poked my chicken Winnie and my favorite chicken Marge full on jumped at him with her little feet. I love my babies so much lol. He just ignored her.
There’s Wilson and Belle this morning and my Marjorie

Attachments

• 8F6EF227-BBB7-4523-87F9-909604F5B9B6.jpeg
    8F6EF227-BBB7-4523-87F9-909604F5B9B6.jpeg
    417.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 2A089EA1-5298-461A-BA9F-3CA8ADCA17C0.jpeg
    2A089EA1-5298-461A-BA9F-3CA8ADCA17C0.jpeg
    644.5 KB · Views: 5
well today was full of drama, not from my flock, but from my neighbor's herd of cattle, the feral pack of dogs crippled a new bull they had just put out there with their herd, they had to shoot the bull since one of its legs was torn up to the point of no recovery (it was a pack of 15+ that crippled a 900+lbs bull), my nephew wanted to run out there and defend the bull, i'm making a good guess my neighbors are going to be out there shooting the pack...

its still cold out here, its averaging about 30 degrees, and currently my flocks are doing pretty good, my goats have a couple of warm doggie beds in their pen (it was my mom's idea, and the goats love them, they sleep on those until i come out to check on them), and i have a couple of cozy coop heating pads in the pen with my poults, keets, and baby chickens (i'm sure they would be fine since they are 4 months old, but i'm not taking a chance on letting them get cold)

well today was full of drama, not from my flock, but from my neighbor's herd of cattle, the feral pack of dogs crippled a new bull they had just put out there with their herd, they had to shoot the bull since one of its legs was torn up to the point of no recovery (it was a pack of 15+ that crippled a 900+lbs bull), my nephew wanted to run out there and defend the bull, i'm making a good guess my neighbors are going to be out there shooting the pack...

its still cold out here, its averaging about 30 degrees, and currently my flocks are doing pretty good, my goats have a couple of warm doggie beds in their pen (it was my mom's idea, and the goats love them, they sleep on those until i come out to check on them), and i have a couple of cozy coop heating pads in the pen with my poults, keets, and baby chickens (i'm sure they would be fine since they are 4 months old, but i'm not taking a chance on letting them get cold)

I wish it was 30 degrees here.. we lay out on the deck and drink beer in that kind of heat.

Eric - so sorry to hear that! I think there are feral packs of dogs almost everywhere these days. The guy I get my non-gmo feed from - told me a couple weeks ago that 4-5 dogs were running with the coyotes that have been preying on his lambs. I don't think there are as many coyotes as of right now - or dogs.

A real shame the neighbor had no choice but to destroy his new bull.
:(

Back
Top Bottom