A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I'm normally walking around in 10 degree weather in a short sleeve shirt, and short pants, and sandals (I do have winter clothes, but the cold is not a problem as long as there is no wind). lately I have been wearing long pants because my family thinks I need to at least wear something warmer.

The pack thats bothering my area started with just a pair of pure bred Austrailian cattle dogs that were not watched close enough to prevent the problem that we have now (currently I think they are into a 3rd - 4th generation), and just recently a white wolf somehow ended up in the pack, I have been concerned about that pack eventually showing up at my house and killing my goats.

I'm normally walking around in 10 degree weather in a short sleeve shirt, and short pants, and sandals (I do have winter clothes, but the cold is not a problem as long as there is no wind). lately I have been wearing long pants because my family thinks I need to at least wear something warmer.

The pack thats bothering my area started with just a pair of pure bred Austrailian cattle dogs that were not watched close enough to prevent the problem that we have now (currently I think they are into a 3rd - 4th generation), and just recently a white wolf somehow ended up in the pack, I have been concerned about that pack eventually showing up at my house and killing my goats.

Where do you live that you have wolves?

Geez!!!! 40 eggs!! You better send pics of the babies! It would cheer me up in this miserable weather!! Excited we have babies to look forward too!!
Bird was ice skating! It's a hen....no snood! Plus there was a shot of her fanning her tail.
I’m not sure the Chantix people know about snoods..l

It was horrendous here today weather wise too.. I was off work but basically it snowed last night and rained ice all day so now everything is encased in ice. We had to chip most of the latches because we couldn’t even get them closed! Belle looked chilly but there were plenty of places for her to go inside so idk her deal.
Also so funny Wilson can bully a little when I scatter corn and he poked my chicken Winnie and my favorite chicken Marge full on jumped at him with her little feet. I love my babies so much lol. He just ignored her.
There’s Wilson and Belle this morning and my Marjorie
Awww, so pretty. They always look cold to me, too. They’re not, though. I’m just anthropomorphizing. Yours are bigger than some of my Sweetgrass girls. My little girls look so delicate and frail, yet they choose to spend the night on the roof of one coop or the other in the wind, in the cold, rather than inside. :idunno

Is Margie an
Australorp? I love mine! Are you planning to get more hens for Wilson?
I actually have no idea I was thinking a black Orpington but she can totally be the austroalorp I just googled. She was a tractor supply lady given to us with her sisters when a neighbor called the cops on my fiancé’s friend because he lives in a more residential area. Should I?! I mean I think I have to decide free range or not first but it that is my decision then def yes!

well today was full of drama, not from my flock, but from my neighbor's herd of cattle, the feral pack of dogs crippled a new bull they had just put out there with their herd, they had to shoot the bull since one of its legs was torn up to the point of no recovery (it was a pack of 15+ that crippled a 900+lbs bull), my nephew wanted to run out there and defend the bull, i'm making a good guess my neighbors are going to be out there shooting the pack...

its still cold out here, its averaging about 30 degrees, and currently my flocks are doing pretty good, my goats have a couple of warm doggie beds in their pen (it was my mom's idea, and the goats love them, they sleep on those until i come out to check on them), and i have a couple of cozy coop heating pads in the pen with my poults, keets, and baby chickens (i'm sure they would be fine since they are 4 months old, but i'm not taking a chance on letting them get cold)
Wow that’s crazy I would be so afraid I mean I love dogs but that calls for shooting. I imagine that happening with our old neighbor some day. He lives on the old landlords property. He’s very slow mentally and has a pack ( because he doesn’t get that he should fix the the female or any of them- all in bred) of GSDs they are confined to a space on the property but they are vicious, 2 bit me. I can’t believe the landlord lets him have such a liability on a property with over 100 cattle....if they ever got out I have no doubt they would kill a person nevermind animals.
Awww, so pretty. They always look cold to me, too. They’re not, though. I’m just anthropomorphizing. Yours are bigger than some of my Sweetgrass girls. My little girls look so delicate and frail, yet they choose to spend the night on the roof of one coop or the other in the wind, in the cold, rather than inside. :idunno
Haha ya same. I saw her little foot shake and I want to go put her in a blanket. She didn’t try to jump out yesterday though! I feel like Belle would def sleep outside if I let her I think Wilson would go inside haha

Back
Top Bottom