A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

She sure seems to love me and I love her almost as much as I love my wife. She has pooped on the bed but we change the sheets and clean up as much as possible when that happens, yeah sure it can be disgusting but it's a risk you take when you decide to raise them as as pets. Our turkeys only sleep with us on cold nights and during storms, it isn't that they can't handle the cold we just choose not to make them do it. Mars (my hen) likes to follow me around the place, if I'm working on my truck she's right there pecking at my tools and sitting on my legs or stomach.

Well...can't quite bring myself to have a house fowl, or one in my bed.

Have any of you ever grown fodder? I was considering trying it. Just to add greens to their diets in winter. Not sure if I need another project right now.

I have not grown greens, but I have thought about it and might try some oat greens.

I could not bring myself to put a turkey in my bed. The only place a turkey is going to lay in my house is inside the oven.

It would be cool to have a "turkey pen" in the house to have them as occasional visitors to "shock' relatives into never visiting again. Also it would confirm to my MIL that her daughter made a terrible choice.

Where we live it would be too hard on the birds, they really need to be acclimated to the cold. a warm house would kill them.

I asked my current DW if I could have a bed turkey, I cannot type the response here. Another reason I will be trading her out tonight. BTW I am wondering if Carrie knows how much her world will change when she tries to sing tonight and sees me in the audience. I am wondering if she will finish the song or ruch to see me. I am hoping security will stop her from jumping at me and hurting me. It is something I have had to learn to live with, women throwing themselves at me.

I have pictures of JJ on my Iphone for her to look at. I want her to know who will come first in our lives. Also I have prepared an ad to place on craigslist to get rid of her "foofoo's".

Do you think I should get a 2x4 to put across the back of our jet for JJ and Ethel's roost or should I wait to make sure of the width of the cabin? I am thinking I can just screw the 2x4's to the sides of the cabin from the outside. Hopefully the pressurization system can handle it.

Memphis, I have not gotten cowboy boots, I have never found a pair to fit my feet. I have size 13 dd feet with high arches, they never fit over my feet unless I get the ones with zippers and those are just not cool. When I had horses I wanted some so badly, for safety when riding. Those heels really do have a purpose in life. Getting stuck in the stirrups with low heeled shoes is an large in rush of air into a vacuum.

BTW I am impressed with how fast "Belly button" has become accepted nomenclature here! No more nasty grams from moderators if I can keep finding those cool replacement words. I might never be on double secret probation again...

TTYL..

Welcome newbies, I am missing my turkeys but enjoying the weather and music here.

BTW I bought my Brother a banjo! He wanted one for Christmas!

Geez, it's going to be almost 70 here today. I think I'm sneaking away from work at noon.
Even with our mild winters, this is pretty warm!

Geez, it's going to be almost 70 here today. I think I'm sneaking away from work at noon.
Even with our mild winters, this is pretty warm!

I am wearing shorts today!

BTW the sun rises and sets on me and seems to shine brighter wherever I am....

I am hoping Carrie realizes this when she hands me the keys to my new jet!

Hey Ralphie! So glad the weather is cooperating. You need to nix the tacky 2x4 in the jet. I'm thinking customized perches with a laminate finish for easy scraping. It would have to be color coordinated to match the jet interior. The dimensions of the roost would need to be customized to be the exact size for JJ'S feet. I have the same problem with cowboy boots. Wide foot x high arch! Guess you'll need to settle for a cowboy hat! I hope your brother plays the banjo!

Looks like belly button has taken hold. Did you notice Coppers signature lkne? He has all his birds broken down per our temperment scale.

Daisy laid an egg yesterday. ....WHY? Got any ideas Ralphie?

Hi everyone I'm the goofy guy that raises his turkeys as pets, my bronze hen sleeps with me on cold nights my wife's White Holland sleeps with her. My hen enjoys taking naps in my lap and watching tv with me. My wife's White Holland Tom pays very little attention to me but will sit in our daughter's room watch tv and checks in on both my wife and daughter every morning before they leave for school and work.

My drink for the night is "Not Your Father's Root Beer"

You are like me I raise them as pets and I sleep with them, but I believe I'm a lot younger than you because I'm not married

Memphis no we just go to the art supply store and pick up rolls of paper ends that the newspapers use for printing the papers and lay them out, our birds are restricted to three rooms up stairs and the hallway and kitchen in passing to go outside

What about Turkey diapers isn't there any of those out there? Well anyway got my sandwich stolen by my Turkey had to back inside and make another one. Too bad he doesn't know it was a turkey sandwich

Back
Top Bottom