A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Hi everyone I'm the goofy guy that raises his turkeys as pets, my bronze hen sleeps with me on cold nights my wife's White Holland sleeps with her. My hen enjoys taking naps in my lap and watching tv with me. My wife's White Holland Tom pays very little attention to me but will sit in our daughter's room watch tv and checks in on both my wife and daughter every morning before they leave for school and work.

My drink for the night is "Not Your Father's Root Beer"

My turkeys seem to like the cold weather. Do the house turkeys wear some kind of diaper?

Annie is in hard molt. Red feathers everywhere! She is full of pins. Daisy is growing in new feathers too, but her molt doesn't seem as hard.

Copper2 you would be amazed by how different their personalities are, from the daddy's girl (my hen) who can hardly handle being away from me even if I'm in the house, to my wife's Tom who seems to have a foot fetish, loves dog food, and watches my daughter get ready for school. My hen knows when I'm not feeling good and will sit with me in bed. During Thanksgiving we were gone for 5 days and she wouldn't even look at me for a couple of days, but then started sitting on the floor at the foot of my bed. I was gone again over this last weekend and she welcomed me home. Speaking of the devil my hen just jumped up on my bed

My wife's Tom has been the rock of the two but shows a definite joy in seeing us return each time.

Memphis - you promised molting pics! I have no molters (next year I hope) .....I have to live through you guys :p

House turkeys sound fun - I can see how they make great pets with the personalities they have! I have been amazed since I got mine this year how individual they are. I love turkeys :)

Memphis no we just go to the art supply store and pick up rolls of paper ends that the newspapers use for printing the papers and lay them out, our birds are restricted to three rooms up stairs and the hallway and kitchen in passing to go outside

I'm going to get pictures. She just started heavily molting. I picked her up this evening & felt a ton of pins! Poor baby!

Well...Turkeyparents...your right. Turkeys have amazing and unique personalities. I think that's why we love 'em. They can do some funny stuff!

My hen dances when she greets me and has this neat little vocalizaton that she makes when she's content it sounds like someone turning an old vacuum tube radio, Mars has earned the nickname radio because of it. She even keeps my feet warm when I don't really want her to

Last edited:
TurkeyParents she is so cute! A few years ago I raised a single turkey poult and she would sleep on my pillow at night once she was 6 weeks old, she somehow never pooped on my bed but would back up and poop over the edge so I had to keep something on the floor LOL.

Back
Top Bottom