A coyote killed my chicken. Can we eat her?

Well she's still in the fridge, because neither of us could get up the nerve to dress her. DH saw the coyote again tonight just after he closed the girls up. He waited with his gun until after dark and didn't see it again.

I think we finally came up with an idea that we're both ok with. Tomorrow we're planning to put the dead chicken out in the yard just before dusk and see if the coyote will take the 'bait'. DH will be waiting with his .22. Does anybody have any suggestions about the best way to do this? For example, should we let her sit out and warm up before we put her out?

NO ,,,I would not chance it
sad.png

I'm glad you aren't going to try to eat it. A dead animals needs to have its interals extracted so the meat doesn't draw anything from the waste ect. And of course have the blood drawn out. Never, Ever let it just sit without doing this first. It will make a good bait though and it should thaw or how will the smell attract anything.

Hope you get the varmit...

I wouldn't. She wasn't bled out and wasn't eviscerated before hitting the fridge. It will make great bait or dog treats though.

Back
Top Bottom