A fox tried to take my Abbey

Are we talking about the same thing? Airways are the tubes we breathe through. Air sacs are waterfowl parts that help keep them afloat.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1897730

http://s113.photobucket.com/user/crowinghillsfarm/media/Air_sacs.jpg.html
Okay....Holy crap. sometimes that 'learn something new everyday' is a real cracker isnt it? I thought they just stayed afloat from their oil! Wow!

Took these this morning

It seems much better. Last night when I put him to bed it was much smaller. Ive decided against the vet for now just because he really isnt in any pain. He's returned to his normal behaviour completely - swimming, stretching, flexing foraging. Thats my number one reason for medical intervention - any disturbance in normal behaviour. I think its just a bit of local bruising and swelling, and thinking about that, its to be expected. Im checking on him frequently just in case he goes downhill.

And, perhaps the bruised tissue is swollen, or he has some inflammation from his system being out of balance due to trauma. Maybe some probiotics? You are right, keep an eye on him.

And, perhaps the bruised tissue is swollen, or he has some inflammation from his system being out of balance due to trauma. Maybe some probiotics? You are right, keep an eye on him.
By this afternoon bedtime, it was even smaller. I know its there, so Im looking for it, but I think to anyone else it would be non existent. He is very active and happy, but he has this kind of worried edge to his expression now, and goes bananas if he cant find his friends Stormy and Que. My poor little fella.

By this afternoon bedtime, it was even smaller. I know its there, so Im looking for it, but I think to anyone else it would be non existent. He is very active and happy, but he has this kind of worried edge to his expression now, and goes bananas if he cant find his friends Stormy and Que. My poor little fella.
That's good news that it's even better. Poor guy being traumatized can play on the nerves.

So glad that fox let go of him! How's he doing?

Sounds like his esophagus might have been damaged. Hopefully none of his organs, though. Maybe a vertebrae or rib got a small fracture in the whole ordeal?

I wish him a strong recovery!!!

Back
Top Bottom