A Misplaced/ Overlooked but Rather Important BYC Article/DYI

rynegold

Chirping
11 Years
Apr 30, 2011
I looked all over the home page for a "contact us" link to no avail so, I'll post this observation here.

A few weeks back I stumbled upon this BYC article/link:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101

for detailed info for incubation, hatching and such however went to find it on here later, it was nowhere to be found; at least where I knew to look. I luckily had printed out the entire article and find that doing a search on the BYC site for "Hatching Eggs 101".... it comes up of all places as a sub topic under coop designs.

This is a pretty important thread so I thought I'd call it to your attention. Of course I may have missed something here.

regards, mitch

Last edited:
agreed, very good info

This sort of issue is becoming more and more the norm. A never ending flood of questions quickly drowns out good information.

IMHO each forum should have a sub forum of FAQ threads maintained by the mods. Then info like this could be easily categorized and found in the future.

The article you listed is available in the Learning Center under Hatching Eggs and Raising Chicks - it is a great article and often quoted. When you are looking for information in a particular forum, look on that page below the Forum section name and above the thread list for "Search This Forum" , selecting this will narrow your search to just the area you are most interested in and is a very powerful tool for finding information.

Back
Top Bottom