About how long...

I did chick starter for 6 weeks; then I went to starter/grower, etc. I pretty much followed the guidelines on the bag...

I read somewhere on here that they need the medicated feed for at least 6 weeks to build up their resistance to cocci.

Hope that helps...

Same answer as speckled. Mine were on starter/grower until 19 weeks when I got my first egg. I would have had to travel pretty far to get just medicated starter.

Chicks are most at risk between 3-8weeks old. I don't think switching them during that period is a good idea. Your dropping off the medication and stressing them some through a feed change right when they are most likely to get sick. I switched my first 2 hatches after 10-12weeks and haven't used medicated feed since then.

Okay so 3 months it is then. Thanks guys!
big_smile.png

I haven't ever put mine on starter/grower before but I will start. I always just switched them to layer crumbles slowely and added corn and eventually calcium when they were close to laying. Is it about the same price as the other crumbles? I get the 50 lb pound bags for about 10.

Back
Top Bottom