Abused Dog, help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
We have a neighbor who has a catahoula leopard mix ,Carly, she use to be a hunting dog(8 years old if not more) Then a beagle jack russel terrier mix,Suzie,(she is only under a year old). The catahoula leopard hound has bedn there since we moved into our house 8 years ago and she was fully grown.
Here is the whole story: We moved in to our house a little over 8 years ago, we didnt have a dog or any animals. At the time they also had a huge black lab that was chained and he would run circles. They were both friendly we would go feed them treats until the lab knocked someone down and they were turned in. The lab was then took away not the catahoula hound, she was left there i felt really bad. Then not even 2 years later they got a saint benard puppy, Hank, their son is scared of dogs. When Hank got to be 3 years old, they stopped feeding him and Carly. I started walking him, he was a big sweetheart and just wanted love and attention. I couldnt walk Carly she got super aggressive. Then Hank jumped up on me i couldnt deal with walking him, doing school work, and trying to do everything i can so we could get a dog. Also at the time we were getting chickens. The last day i walked him a lady asked if her friend could take him knowing the pups situation. I went and talked to his owner and not even a few weeks later they gave him away to someone else. Then in December of 2021 we got our golden retriever and a few months later they got Suzie she wasnt in the for more than 2 weeks and she was sent to live outside. They have 3 dog houses one of which we gave to them for Hank and they can only get to one. They dont have food or water and barely any shelter. Also Suzie had cherry eye which they did just do surgery on and she was put right back outside. During the negative 30to 40 degree Fahrenheit weather they were left outside. We turned them in and our neighbors turned them in they wont do anything as long as they have some sort of shelter. We are going to keep turning them in until something is done. They sit down there and bark all day and its sad and depressing to see any animal this way. I hope eventually everyone will treat their animals right. Also Suzie isnt spayed and there are male dogs around.
That is so heartbreaking. Never give up on calling. Good job for doing your best in caring for the dogs.

Hey y’all, I need help.

We have a neighbor who used to have a few dogs. They bred them a lot and it was just a puppy mill to make money, they also didn’t let the mom dog have her puppies.
Well, this year the mom dog (looked like a herding dog mix) died, she was ALWAYS chained to a tree, no water or food in sight. She lost a TON of weight and was nothing but bones and they still bred her, I believe she was pregnant when she passed away… I saw her dead by the tree (a sickening sight).

One of the first litters of puppies that were born, they kept one, his dad was a Rottweiler. Well, after his mom died, they now have him chained to the tree where she once was, I want to cry every time I drive by and see him, he is now nothing but bones, instead of a big and handsome pup. He also has a bad hip, I don’t know if he has hip problems or they hurt him, he didn’t have it before. Also, I estimate his age around 2-3. What can I do?? I don’t want him to die like his mum, and I told him I’ll to everything I can to save him. Please help me!
Hey there. First, thank you, on this dog’s behalf, for trying to help. I work in animal welfare, and reports from people like you often make a difference. Agree with the advice a bunch of folks who’ve already replied gave. Call animal control in both counties—and, if no action’s taken, call the largest humane societies in your area and ask for guidance.

Hey there. First, thank you, on this dog’s behalf, for trying to help. I work in animal welfare, and reports from people like you often make a difference. Agree with the advice a bunch of folks who’ve already replied gave. Call animal control in both counties—and, if no action’s taken, call the largest humane societies in your area and ask for guidance.
Thank you, I definitely will.
No one called back so tomorrow I will try and call again

That is so heartbreaking. Never give up on calling. Good job for doing your best in caring for the dogs.
I know there is a collie we turned in for being loose all the time we caught him well he was running around. The sweetest collie i have ever met his fur was super matted and he didnt even know what a treat was and he wouldnt drink water, we were told by someone thay he was used for breeding(i wouldnt be suprised) . We had to transport him to the humane society and 2 weeks later they finally got him back. I was hoping for him to be sent to a new caring home. Now he stays outside with no food or water and a dog house thats to small for him, every time we walk by he whines and barks at me wanting for me to come pet him and to see our pup. I feel so bad, im hoping he gets out again soon and ill turn him in again.

I know there is a collie we turned in for being loose all the time we caught him well he was running around. The sweetest collie i have ever met his fur was super matted and he didnt even know what a treat was and he wouldnt drink water, we were told by someone thay he was used for breeding(i wouldnt be suprised) . We had to transport him to the humane society and 2 weeks later they finally got him back. I was hoping for him to be sent to a new caring home. Now he stays outside with no food or water and a dog house thats to small for him, every time we walk by he whines and barks at me wanting for me to come pet him and to see our pup. I feel so bad, im hoping he gets out again soon and ill turn him in again.
That is so sad 😞

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom