Abused Dog, help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Alright, so my neighbors had/have a similar situation. They bred their doberman for years and never quite fed her enough. I would sneak them food through the bars of their gate late at night for years. (I'm going to guess from your replies that we're around the same age.) A few months ago, my parents ran into the neighbors by chance while running some errands and they told my mom that since the dog is old now and can't be bred, they want to put her down. Knowing that my family works with animals, they asked us if we knew of any place to put the dog down for free... otherwise they'd shoot her. Long story short, we offered to take her and she's now with us and is living the rest of her days well fed and loved. An xray during her check up did show an old bullet embedded in her hip though.

I would keep trying to reach out to Animal Services, but the couple times I've reached out, they're not much help. (Likely overwhelmed.) Try calling the police if you can, or get ahold of an independent rescue. The latter will be the most likely to take action and help. In the meantime, see if you can maybe throw him some plain bread- most may not be popular with the idea of feeding someone else's dog, but he needs food asap, especially in that cold. Worse comes to worse, see of you can talk to your neighbors. (This is up to you- if your neighbors aren't the friendly type, scrap the idea😥)
Maybe they'd be willing to rehome him to you and in turn you can find him a forever home. Best of luck, and keep us updated!
Thank you for your help!! And I’m so glad you saved the Doberman (can I see a picture of her? they are one of my favorite breeds!)

I can try getting him some food and these neighbors, so I’ve heard, ain’t too friendly, but I will do everything to help this dog. I call him Buddy, he just looks like a dog who would be loyal and a pale

Thank you for your help!! And I’m so glad you saved the Doberman (can I see a picture of her? they are one of my favorite breeds!)

I can try getting him some food and these neighbors, so I’ve heard, ain’t too friendly, but I will do everything to help this dog. I call him Buddy, he just looks like a dog who would be loyal and a pale
cute he sure does look like a buddy
my friend has a Doberman mix

it’s been about 48 hours since the first post. any updates? have you called the police? tried tried animal control again?

your intentions here are admirable but they don’t mean much without some follow through.
If her animal control, police or humane society are like mine they wont do anything unless there is proof of not shelter food and water. Which the dog does have shelter not good shelter though. Ive called our humane society every day for 2 months snd they wont do anything so i stopped. I will be talking to the town cop here soon. I think the police care more than most humane societies. Especially our county, if we were one county over the dogs that im trying to turn in would be gone and in better homes.

If her animal control, police or humane society are like mine they wont do anything unless there is proof of not shelter food and water. Which the dog does have shelter not good shelter though. Ive called our humane society every day for 2 months snd they wont do anything so i stopped. I will be talking to the town cop here soon. I think the police care more than most humane societies. Especially our county, if we were one county over the dogs that im trying to turn in would be gone and in better homes.
yeah i understand getting them to do anything might be a huge PITA, if they do anything at all.

but i’d still be calling. id be trying the local police, local rescues, knocking on the neighbor’s door, anything.

yeah i understand getting them to do anything might be a huge PITA, if they do anything at all.

but i’d still be calling. id be trying the local police, local rescues, knocking on the neighbor’s door, anything.
Our neighbors turned them in again yesterday. And actually went to ththe humane society and talked to them. They wont do anything. We are good friends with the town cop and we will be talking to him, he stopped dogs from running around town at large im sure he could help neglected dogs. I dont have any local rescues except for the county humane society. And i cant do anything to help them the hound would bite my hand off.

Our neighbors turned them in again yesterday. And actually went to ththe humane society and talked to them. They wont do anything. We are good friends with the town cop and we will be talking to him, he stopped dogs from running around town at large im sure he could help neglected dogs. I dont have any local rescues except for the county humane society. And i cant do anything to help them the hound would bite my hand off.
i was referring to the OP.

it seems like you’re doing all you can in your situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom