Abused Dog, help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Following. I'd like to see how this goes. I read through the thread, and I have a couple of things to say. Be careful on taking pictures or just being 'suspicious' in any way, including just being in the area a lot or giving the dog attention. Some people can get crazy over their dogs, and can become very dangerous. (I also don't recommend having connections with the dog should the dog be removed from the home. They could retaliate badly and even dangerously should they learn that you have connections or are the one reporting them.)
Another thing is don't throw the dog bread. First off, if you accidentally don't throw it close enough for the dog to reach, then it's obvious that's someone is around AND it could tease the dog making the situation worse. Another thing, is you don't know how the dog will handle the bread. One poster I saw said something that it could be too late if it can't handle the bread. That could be true, but not always the case. My big dog who gets fed his requirement twice a day, can't handle bread at all. Whenever he accidentally gets a piece, it's the runs until I can get some chicken broth and rice in him and a long walk to clean out his system. So I don't highly recommend throwing him some bread. If you were sure on your aim, some meat might be good, but even then, be sure it's safe for him to eat, and not going to make him throw up.

On a side note, saying the dog is neglected might help? Because of sled and hunting dogs, a skinny dog outside on a leash 24/7 with nothing but a small dog house for shelter is a common thing (this includes breeding them) and is not viewed as neglect or abuse, but a hobby and sport. Now, getting them busted for not having a registered dog and/or if they have enough dogs to require a kennel license but don't have one, might be helpful? Calling the police station (not 911) might be better than calling animal control or a Humane Society (though I am curious of your experiences with the HS). A lot of animal shelters are packed with mile long waiting lists, so getting them to take more dogs could be hard. (Getting connections with serious animal lovers like the Dodo might prove worth while!)

Following. I'd like to see how this goes. I read through the thread, and I have a couple of things to say. Be careful on taking pictures or just being 'suspicious' in any way, including just being in the area a lot or giving the dog attention. Some people can get crazy over their dogs, and can become very dangerous. (I also don't recommend having connections with the dog should the dog be removed from the home. They could retaliate badly and even dangerously should they learn that you have connections or are the one reporting them.)
Another thing is don't throw the dog bread. First off, if you accidentally don't throw it close enough for the dog to reach, then it's obvious that's someone is around AND it could tease the dog making the situation worse. Another thing, is you don't know how the dog will handle the bread. One poster I saw said something that it could be too late if it can't handle the bread. That could be true, but not always the case. My big dog who gets fed his requirement twice a day, can't handle bread at all. Whenever he accidentally gets a piece, it's the runs until I can get some chicken broth and rice in him and a long walk to clean out his system. So I don't highly recommend throwing him some bread. If you were sure on your aim, some meat might be good, but even then, be sure it's safe for him to eat, and not going to make him throw up.

On a side note, saying the dog is neglected might help? Because of sled and hunting dogs, a skinny dog outside on a leash 24/7 with nothing but a small dog house for shelter is a common thing (this includes breeding them) and is not viewed as neglect or abuse, but a hobby and sport. Now, getting them busted for not having a registered dog and/or if they have enough dogs to require a kennel license but don't have one, might be helpful? Calling the police station (not 911) might be better than calling animal control or a Humane Society (though I am curious of your experiences with the HS). A lot of animal shelters are packed with mile long waiting lists, so getting them to take more dogs could be hard. (Getting connections with serious animal lovers like the Dodo might prove worth while!)
I agree. With the bread though, I HIGHLY doubt it'll cause problems; none of my rescues had any problems in a pintch :)
If they're starving and tying their dog up like that, I doubt they take care to note allergies or dietary conditions. That said, meat or some other dog safe food would be a good idea. I also agree that you shouldn't throw it if it's a long distance or if you aren't sure you can aim it near him.

If this is a local humane society not linked up across the country then maybe, otherwise I'd say they follow standards, and local laws. So you may need to get that prove to rule out they're either following the laws (which allow them to do nothing) or not doing the job they're getting paid to do or volunteered for.
Yea, the old humane officer would have done something. The new one doesnt care which is absolutely wrong. Im going to contact a few of the non county rescues and see if they can do anything.

I agree. With the bread though, I HIGHLY doubt it'll cause problems; none of my rescues had any problems in a pintch :)
If they're starving and tying their dog up like that, I doubt they take care to note allergies or dietary conditions. That said, meat or some other dog safe food would be a good idea. I also agree that you shouldn't throw it if it's a long distance or if you aren't sure you can aim it near him.
My aunt rescues pit mixes and hound mixes. They are all super sweet and gentle dogs once put in a good home but they cant have bread, it upsets their stomachs so much that they have the runs for days and they have to have rice and beef because they cant have chicken.

Call your local police station, animal abuse/neglect is a crime. That dog obviously does not have access to adequate food or shelter and I'm guessing no water either. Every day you wait is another day that poor dog has to suffer.

It's bad enough that he's so thin, but then to be chained to a tree like that in the weather we've had recently :mad: Not saying you should do anything like this, but if that was my neighbor I would have been over there with the bolt cutters long ago.

Call your local police station, animal abuse/neglect is a crime. That dog obviously does not have access to adequate food or shelter and I'm guessing no water either. Every day you wait is another day that poor dog has to suffer.

It's bad enough that he's so thin, but then to be chained to a tree like that in the weather we've had recently :mad: Not saying you should do anything like this, but if that was my neighbor I would have been over there with the bolt cutters long ago.
same if that was my neighbor i would have been over there with bolt cutters long ago

That’s what I want to do, but because of my religion, it wouldn’t be right, I don’t believe, but, at the same time, someone is hurting and mistreating a creature that God made and cares about
So, did you call? What's happened?

If you are afraid to call, PM one of us the number and pertinent info, and we'll do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom