ADOR1 Automatic Coop Door?

Has anyone mounted theirs where none of the ADOR is protected by a coop? Basically, like mounting it on a fence. No cover, no protection for either side of the door, 100% exposed 360 degrees.

If not, can it be done? Are the electronics in a waterproof enclosure, or at least rain proof?

Thanks,

Has anyone mounted theirs where none of the ADOR is protected by a coop? Basically, like mounting it on a fence. No cover, no protection for either side of the door, 100% exposed 360 degrees.

If not, can it be done? Are the electronics in a waterproof enclosure, or at least rain proof?

Thanks,

I havr mine mounted on the outside of my coop with no overhang or cover. Been thru monsoon season, no problem.

Thanks for the measurements I had printed it off their website but I lost the papers. I'm new at this chicken thing, what is a pop door?
pop door is the small door where the chickens get in and out of the coop.

Noone seems to know where the term 'pop' comes from....except maybe that they all POP out the door when you open it in the morning :)

I had planned to try this door in a small coop, with the door being underneath the roost. I am concerned about a potential draft through the holes in the door into which the socket gears travel. Has anyone resolved this issue?

Quote:
The last couple of mornings we've needed to feed the birds before the door had opened by itself. The chickens were already awake as I started dishing out their fermented feed so both mornings my husband pushed the button to manually open the door. He said that before the door had even opened 3" our pushy Delaware, Helen, was already trying to squeeze her not so slender self out of it with the others right behind her. She ALWAYS wants to be the first to get to the food. I wish I could have seen it but I was too busy serving up breakfast trays. I imagine it was a lot like the popping of a cork once Helen got herself through and all the others backed up behind her burst out at once.
gig.gif

This morning we had such a storm with dark clouds and pouring rain. Must have been too dark because the ADOR did not open. I manually opened it at 7:43am between downpours so the chickens could come out for food and water. I'm glad it didn't open because my girls would have been soaked...they don't seem to mind the rain. :)

This morning we had such a storm with dark clouds and pouring rain. Must have been too dark because the ADOR did not open. I manually opened it at 7:43am between downpours so the chickens could come out for food and water. I'm glad it didn't open because my girls would have been soaked...they don't seem to mind the rain. :)

I just ordered one on my lunch break, so excited! I have a pole barn with corrugated metal siding, so I'm doing a recessed installation. It will look just like the example on the ADOR1 website, very handy.

Anyone know what the average turn-around-time is running on these?

Back
Top Bottom