*Ads on a Cell?

Well this is just a guess but.. there are programs called " Spiders" that can extract your phone numbers using the search engines to harvest your numbers. So if at anytime you posted a phone number to a website that was not secure then a product like this could have grabbed it. They also have these to extract unprotected email addresses also.

Here is an excerpt from one of the products:

"Advanced Phone and fax number extractor from the web, which finds or collect phone and fax numbers that are targeted by utilizing the major search engines like google, yahoo, msn etc. Harvest thousands of targeted phone and fax numbers an hour. You can extract telephone, fax numbers from website, search results, web directories, list of urls from local file. You can also export or save data in different format (csv, html, Excel or plain text)."

I am in no way an expert on this type of program and have never used one but there are programs like this that are very easy to find just by using a google search

Cindy

*yah-- evil nosey spiders, know (a little) bout those but these LOOK like "on-site" ads, but not like pop-ups. Could it be that sometimes I'm getting mobile pgs & sometimes not???

Quote:
The exact same thing happened to me. I received the charge on my bill that I just got in the mail. And it was after I signed up with PhotoBucket.

Do you have Verizon? I don't know how they got my number. I'm pretty sure I didn't supply it in the information fields on Photobucket. The customer service rep at Verizon told me this kind of thing is happening more and more all the time. They're getting very aggressive with it. It's easy to block them though. Just call your provider and tell them you want to block premium text messages.

No I have AT&T (Cingular). But I don't know where that charge came from and after I read your post I put my thinking cap on trying to remember if I supplied Photobucket my cell phone number. Just can't remember. But it just all seemed so coincendental.

d.k :

* Well-- that's all good info-- but, what I mean is that previously none of the e.bay or ckn supply ads showed up on the my mobile version of BYC, and now when I log in, they do show like every other time. Weird, huh? Oh, I've got Metro, and I usually go tho Yahoo's mobile search to BYC.

So your not talking about a text message, your talking about your mobile web access....hmmm sounds like your not accessing the mobile site, theres a way to change it over, but I just don't remember how..ugggh I discontinued my mobile web after getting my laptop. I do remember that google would automatically change script to mobile. So maybe you could search byc through mobile and that would straighten it out.

I am so NOT a techno nerdfighter
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom