Adult Muscovy with Angel wing

rebfost

In the Brooder
Nov 24, 2015
We have a 1 year old scovy w/ angel wing.
He keeps up with the others fairly well being flightless, but I am wondering is it too late to have his wings clipped ?
I assume its silly to ask if he would be able to fly?

We have a great pond in our yard they love to follow the sun around I feel awful watching him swim while the others fly ( or struggle to walk when its frozen :( )

P.S
We had tried for week to correct this while he was small but nothing we did worked

We have a 1 year old scovy w/ angel wing.
He keeps up with the others fairly well being flightless, but I am wondering is it too late to have his wings clipped ?
I assume its silly to ask if he would be able to fly?

We have a great pond in our yard they love to follow the sun around I feel awful watching him swim while the others fly ( or struggle to walk when its frozen :( )

P.S
We had tried for week to correct this while he was small but nothing we did worked
@rebfost One of our members had a goose same problems and she waited till molt and when wing feathers began to grow wrapped and this time wing came out normal her name is @jchny2000 Hopefully she'll see this and respond.

You can clip his wing feathers to keep them from dragging and getting caught on things, do you know where to cut? But clipping won't correct the angel wing.

thank you miss Lydia. Honestly no idea how to clip his wings! I am depending on the kindness of a friend!
We had tried to wrap him several times for a few weeks when he was small but he kept getting them off. And now I'm a little afraid if I wrap him and he gets in the water he will sink!

thank you miss Lydia. Honestly no idea how to clip his wings! I am depending on the kindness of a friend!
We had tried to wrap him several times for a few weeks when he was small but he kept getting them off. And now I'm a little afraid if I wrap him and he gets in the water he will sink!
If you decide to wrap once he is molted he'll have to stay out of the water but probably for just a week.

They can be lil Houdini's for sure.
LL

I like this info

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom