Advice needed

@lilonesmom How is your bird today?

She is doing ok. She is eating and drinking good, and is full of spunk! I think it is bothering me more than it is her. It just breaks my heart hoping that she isn't suffering. When I take the top off the box she flies up to perches on the edge, and seems to be in good spirits. I have cleaned it and applied antibiotic ointment to it. This is how it looks tonight. It looks like it is already starting to scab in some places, and has no smell of infection.

Last edited:
She is doing ok. She is eating and drinking good, and is full of spunk! I think it is bothering me more than it is her. It just breaks my heart hoping that she isn't suffering. When I take the top off the box she flies up to pitch on the edge, and seems to be in good spirits. I have cleaned it and applied antibiotic ointment to it. This is how it looks tonight. It looks like it is already starting to scap in some places, and has no smell of infection.

Well that's good! She will be fine, just a little TLC from you is all she needs. Animals are equipped to take quite a lot, she is no worse of than you would be with a similar injury.
smile.png

For some reason the picture won't upload.

Picture worked. She looks a little rough but will be ok. I have a hen in hospital who got attacked by a fox. She has been in for 13 days now. All I have done is irrigate, pack with antibiotic ointment and put polyvisol drops in water. She eats, drinks and lays eggs. She gets outside time daily in a carrier crate in the sun where she can see and communicate with her flock. Her healing is amazing! She knows what scabs need to go and what not to touch. (I cut the loose scabs off so she doesn't tear healthy tissue) I gave her baby aspirin cut into 4 pieces the first day and next morning. After that, she refused it. Today, I let the skin and wounds dry. She needs a bath as all of the triple A has melted into feathers, she looks like someone who hasn't washed their hair for a month! After that, I will put honey on the wounds, she can preen that out, unlike petroleum. After that, she will get a saddle to protect her until all the feathers she lost and the ones I had to cut, are covering her well.
smile.png

Have u tried blue kote? I had to use it on my duckings when they were eating each others wings till they bled. Its messy stuff, have to wear junk clothes and gloves when u spray it but ot works wonders and keeps the other flock members attention off the raw spot. Its supposed to be liquid bandaid for poultry.

Have u tried blue kote? I had to use it on my duckings when they were eating each others wings till they bled. Its messy stuff, have to wear junk clothes and gloves when u spray it but ot works wonders and keeps the other flock members attention off the raw spot. Its supposed to be liquid bandaid for poultry.

No, I haven't tried it. I had thought to get it when I put her back out with her flock.

Back
Top Bottom