Quote:
X a million!
clap.gif
fl.gif
hugs.gif

Hi Mike! (and Diana)
I am so tickled to see you home!
wee.gif
We have been watching and waiting for updates.
caf.gif
I have to tell you, I have been so touched by the love that your sweet Diana has for you. She is (as I'm sure you know) a trooper! It does my heart so good to see a couple that truly loves one another!!
love.gif
There aren't many of us out there.

Quite a few of us have been praying for you and continue to do so.
fl.gif
I cannot wait until Diana comes back on here to say that you are and better than ever!

Now, Diana, take a nap! Thank you letting us share in your life.
hugs.gif

Quote:
You are so sweet... thank you... and I will make sure he reads this.

I have to tell all of you... he is doing better each day. This is only his second full day home and if you didn't know something happened (and if you don't look at his head), you would never know he had anything done. I even caught him in the bathroom doing a word search puzzle. His reading is coming back. Sometimes he needs to be reminded of what a certain object is, but once you tell him, he has it and doesn't forget it.

The brain is one amazing organ... all that trauma and distress it was put through... and look at him now. He went out to lunch yesterday, even ventured to the grocery store with my parents. Today he and my mom went to Friendly's for lunch. He is only taking Tylenol for the pain... so that is good.

My m-in-law is up my butt... we almost got into a fight yesterday. She comes charging into the kitchen wanting to know when it is HER turn. Ya see... my mom has basically spent the last 3 weeks at our house helping me deal with all this. She is what keeps me calm and steady. Mike didn't need her... I did. So, she was at the hospital with me during surgeries and such, she was there when Mike was out cold for 2 days and unresponsive. She was there when he was vomiting after surgery. SHE WAS THERE FOR ME!!! His mother couldn't have handled all that... her baby like that. I did... I did it all... and yes, I needed my mommy's support.

I tried not to get angy, but I was very stern in my response... my mom is there for me... if you want to take Mike out, want to visit with Mike, want to do something with him... fine, do it... my mom won't care. My mom is leaving tomorrow... Mike can't be left alone yet, so my in-laws will be with him from when I leave to when I get home. Let's hope they don't stick around too long afterwards... after working all day... I like to go home, find my jammies and veg for the evening. They make me nervous, like she is judging everything I don't do...

Anyway... that is neither here nor there... the best thing EVER is that Mike is home and doing well. I really love that man and without him... life would so much less.

Thanks everyone for all the prayers and support.

Diana

I so happy for the two of you. He looks so good in the picture. You are so right about the brain. It is truly a remarkable thing, with the way it can overcome such trauma. Next thing you'll know, you'll be pushing him back out the door to work again.
hugs.gif

Diana, set the rules....your house, your rules. If she does not like it, TOUGH! LOL!

Vomiting after surgery, did he take that liquid stuff before he was wheeled in surgery? If so, its the reaction and next time, don't let them give it to him. I had that reaction once I had my surgery, felt very very sick and one of my kidneys felt like it was kicked by a horse with all that pain. OUCH! Then I refused the next surgery, I declined the liquid stuff and came out just fine!

fl.gif
that your in-law understand that you needed the support from your mom and that you and Mike need to go back to your own family routine so soon as possible. And please tell your mom, that she is outstanding.......not everybody has that luck to be blessed with such a mom.

And at last you will see..........you and the kids are the best therapy for Mike.
thumbsup.gif

Although I understand the in-laws' concern, it is your house - your marriage. It sounds as if they will be having their time with Mike so all will be fine.
hugs.gif

I have an understanding with my children that if anything happens to me they must shield the Princess from her sister. Meddling is as meddling does.
sad.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom