After Brain Surgery - Hubby is going back to work... Update pg. 23

Tuned in late to this.. I can't even begin to imagine what your dealing with.. Glad things went good ..
smile.png

Just a quick update to let everyone know that things are going GREAT. Mike is returning to work tomorrow... he was cleared as of Dec. 26th, but his boss let him take some of his vacation time to finish up a few doctor appts and such. If you didn't know he had brain surgery, you would never know. If you knew Mike before all this happened... I don't think you would notice any difference in him. I think I notice as I am with him day in and day out. Even the scar isn't bad.

Mike is in good spirits, looking forward to going back to work, strong and feeling good. He still has a little issue with coming up with the correct words (sometimes), but all in all, he gets his point across. Still a little slow on his reading, actually getting the words out his mouth, but he understands what he is reading. His neurologist has just given him a script to have some speech/reading therapy. Now I just have to get him to go (you know how stubborn men can be).

I really want to thank everyone for all their well wishes and being there for me as my family went through this. I know I have family and friends, but having a group of friendly "strange"rs (LOL) standing by me, listening to my worries, and being there at the worst times for me... well... it just really meant (means) so much.

BIG
hugs.gif
to all of you.

Diana

Last edited:
Well I'm glad he is home. Be encouraged. I have a friend Don who had brain surgery and he's been fine for years. When he married Rain (not sure how she spells it), she was worried they might not be able to have kids due to his surgeries and chemo and all that. They have three girls and a boy now.

Tell Mike "never give up, never surrender" - Galaxy Quest 1999

Rancher

Back
Top Bottom