Age and sexes of these 4 Muscovy's lots of pics

I think I can confidently say the solid chocolate in the first photo is a duck, I believe it's companion to be one also but I'm more reserved with that guess as it looks like a drake in the bottom photo, to me. Check out their wing feathers. Ducklets will have faster growth of their primary flight feathers than drakes, so if the wings are nearly grown in on some and only partway on others - that'll be one way to tell. Also, do check out those feet. At this stage there should be a fairly discernible difference in the size of the feet. It appears, to me, that the twins are both drakes. Hope this helps...

Well from what i think i know primary feathers are the last 10 or so feathers. Hubby and i went and picked each one up and looked. 3 ducks were light there wing feathers were mostly the same length. There was one noticeably heavier one but its primary feathers were longer. So going by weight we have 3 girls the white chest the red chest and 1 of the twins the other twin is a boy. Im throwing my hands up and giving up lol. I will hold onto them tell fall i should see a weight change by then and there should be some for sale if i need to.

Back
Top Bottom