All black easter egger.... Or is she? Help!

Ejcole02

In the Brooder
May 29, 2018
So, I have a 20 week old all black easter egger. Well, supposedly an Easter egger. Except she's got:
a single comb,
light blue earlobes,
green legs,
NO muffs or beard.

I saw in another thread that some all black easter eggers were coming from Hoover Hatchery this season.

I'll snap a clearer pic in the morning to add here.

What do you think? Could she be an EE with a single comb?

So, I have a 20 week old all black easter egger. Well, supposedly an Easter egger. Except she's got:
a single comb,
light blue earlobes,
green legs,
NO muffs or beard.

I saw in another thread that some all black easter eggers were coming from Hoover Hatchery this season.

I'll snap a clearer pic in the morning to add here.

What do you think? Could she be an EE with a single comb?
The simple answer is yes if made from parent stock that was not Ameraucana.

Never heard of Hoover's having Fibro Easter Eggers, only Meyer's Hatchery. I know Hoover's has Mystic Onyx chickens which were made using silkies.

I ordered 2 Fibro Easter Eggers from Meyers last April for an August 28th hatch. Mine are all black. Black feathers, black skin, black legs, black ear lobes, black eyes... They both have muffs. And both lay a green egg. They're also the most skittish of my flock of 15.

Here is the pic as promised. Jenny, the black EE, in front. Next to our other EE and then a peek of our partridge rock.

FYI, she looks a lot like our Rustic Rambler, but Jenny has clean legs and the blue ears.

Attachments

• PXL_20230405_121826044.TS_exported_2990.jpg
    PXL_20230405_121826044.TS_exported_2990.jpg
    645.4 KB · Views: 100
Here is the pic as promised. Jenny, the black EE, in front. Next to our other EE and then a peek of our partridge rock.

FYI, she looks a lot like our Rustic Rambler, but Jenny has clean legs and the blue ears.

I have one that looks like yours and I was wondering the same thing. I’m still trying to figure out if mine is a hen or Rooster. Mine will be 9 weeks old. How old was yours when she started to get a big comb and waddle?

Attachments

• 1B81D430-328C-4990-9B66-9F86D32E6E82.jpeg
    1B81D430-328C-4990-9B66-9F86D32E6E82.jpeg
    612.8 KB · Views: 83
Easter Eggers can look like anything really. Depending on the parents. Only way of knowing, is when she lays an egg. I have 3 Easter Eggers. 2x Fibro Easter Eggers, that are entirely black everything and lay green eggs. And 1x Frizzled Easter Egger, or what I bought as a Frizzled Easter Egger. She's more of an all white Frizzled White Leghorn that lays a large white egg. So I can't really call her an Easter Egger. She's just a Frizzled mut that lays white eggs. LOL

Easter Eggers can look like anything really. Depending on the parents. Only way of knowing, is when she lays an egg. I have 3 Easter Eggers. 2x Fibro Easter Eggers, that are entirely black everything and lay green eggs. And 1x Frizzled Easter Egger, or what I bought as a Frizzled Easter Egger. She's more of an all white Frizzled White Leghorn that lays a large white egg. So I can't really call her an Easter Egger. She's just a Frizzled mut that lays white eggs. LOL
Does mine look like a hen or rooster

Back
Top Bottom