All "OTHER" Fowl Swap

Pics

I'll claim KCs again. If still available. First ones are tutting along :)

Offer:. 12+ coturnix quail eggs. Hens choice.

4+ Muscovy duck eggs. Chocolate drake over chocolate, blue, and black hens.

I can also offer these little basket things that are great for storing eggs, whatever. I have a stack of them, hand woven. Four inches deep four inches square.

Or

Peacock feathers. A whole slew of them. I made earrings with them and don't need the rest.

Mine on muscovy eggs

Offer: 12+ Hens Choice Jumbo Brown Coturnix or Red breasted button quail

or

6+ Barnyard Mix Chickens (Red Frizzle Cochin and Red Broiler Roo over Naked Necks, Heritage Rhode Islands, Australorps, Red Broilers, and black cochin)

I'll take the button quail eggs 
Offer: 12 or more bobwhite quail eggs

Last edited:
I was reading this thread, and understand you said to use sharpie pen. I have read that for waterfowl that can "poision the embryo possibly...hence why the orginal person for waterfowl swaps may have said to use pencil. So in order to comply because some people "cheat', you risk posioning? I'd consider swaps,, but don't want the Sharpie used, can that be specified?

I was reading this  thread, and understand you  said to use sharpie pen. I have read that for  waterfowl that can  "poision the embryo possibly...hence why the orginal  person for  waterfowl swaps may have said to use pencil. So in order to  comply because some  people "cheat', you risk posioning? I'd  consider swaps,, but  don't  want the  Sharpie used, can that be specified?

Writing the date on an egg shell in Sharpie pens will not poison an embryo of any sort, and anyone that says otherwise shouldn't be saying so unless there's been scientific proof. Which there hasn't been. In order for it to poison an embryo, the quantity used would have to be both significantly higher than the amount used to write a date on the egg shell AND be able to permeate the considerably thick shell of a duck egg. In addition, the elements which produce the fumes you can smell from a Sharpie pen dissipate/dry off so quickly that there's no danger of them... I don't know, whatever paranoid people think they do inside incubators.

But yeah. If you want someone to mark in pencil that's your prerogative and you can request it. You'd just have to work it out with the person you claim from.

I was reading this  thread, and understand you  said to use sharpie pen. I have read that for  waterfowl that can  "poision the embryo possibly...hence why the orginal  person for  waterfowl swaps may have said to use pencil. So in order to  comply because some  people "cheat', you risk posioning? I'd  consider swaps,, but  don't  want the  Sharpie used, can that be specified?

Came here to say a sharpie is safe enough for a toddler to eat. Won't be an issue on the outside of an egg.

I was reading this thread, and understand you said to use sharpie pen. I have read that for waterfowl that can "poision the embryo possibly...hence why the orginal person for waterfowl swaps may have said to use pencil. So in order to comply because some people "cheat', you risk posioning? I'd consider swaps,, but don't want the Sharpie used, can that be specified?
I never did understand where that crazy internet rumor about sharpies poisoning the embryo came from but its persisted for sure... they're completely non-toxic. But you could ask the person you're swapping with to use a pencil instead.

Last edited:
I'll take the button quail eggs
Offer: 12 or more bobwhite quail eggs
I don't need them.
I don't need them.
I have bob whites in the incubator.
I don't need them.

But, I need them. Two blood lines!
MINE!

Final swap of the week I believe.... and for a while. I'm running out of space!

OFFER:
12+ Coturnix quail eggs, from the white, tuxedo, and brown pens. Tibetans and Golden pens are currently under quarantine for potential pnemonia thanks to this blasted weather. I won't be shipping eggs from those two pens, if they even lay. Sorry. :(

OR

6+ Muscovy duck eggs: Chocolate drake over chocolate, blue, and black hens. Will be Monday or Tuesday before these can ship. May be muddy due to the weather.

OR

12+ Barnyard mix. There's three possible roosters: Bantam leghorn, SQ BA, BR. There's a red sex link hen, a full sized leghorn hen, SQ BR's, a SQ BA pullet ( just started laying ) and a BSL hen that these eggs would come from. Chance of purebreeds are in here, but, these pens are all free ranging together because the rain has flooded out their breeder pens. If anyone wants some cute fluffies this would be the best bet.

I'm sure I have something non-egg-related around here as well.

Quote:
Ugh your killing me! Mine on muscovies.....Ship to the same place! OFFER: 12+ Hens choice coturnix and button quail mix or 6+ Barnyard mix chickens (Frizzle, red broiler, RIR, dominique, naked necks...)

Here I found the reference to marking eggs. "When eggs are turned manually, it is helpful to mark them with an X and O on opposite sides with a wax or graphite pencil. Liquid inks--such as those in felt-tipped pens --should not be used, since they clog shell pores and can poison the embryo. After ...." Page 178, " Storeys"s Guide to Rasing Ducks", by DAVE HOLDERREAD 2011--50 years of experience..... Professional Breeder and Judge......
Perhaps "sharpie" ink is 'Green".... I only use pencil. ....so guess, I won't be able to swap eggs.....
sad.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom