all silkie lovers need ur help

I like Marshmellow!
I'm sure her personality will determine what her name will be. I have 2 blue silkies who always hang out together- I haven't been able to find the "perfect" names for them yet that are appropriate so we just started to call them Sister and Sister too (two) I think it's pretty cute. Time will tell what their real names will be.

I got one roo from a family who lived in town and couldnt keep roos. They had named him Stir Fry when he was a chick and didnt know that it was a he. I still call him Stir Fry.

I used to have two silkie hens... Their names were, sugar and cinnamon. Sugar was white and cinnamon was a buff color.

We named our four:

Chipper (he had little stripes on his back like a chipmunk)
Storm (he was a blue/black silkie)
Pearl (Beautiful white silkie...also a rooster, but the name stuck)
Opal (Mostly white with a few lavender/buff feathers on head and wings)

My last four have earned their names. Though it took a while to settle on them. They needed to "fit". So, there are three hatchling silkies, and one adopted male showgirl. They are:

1] Rose - buff silkie hen with a soft, patient, naieve deanor
2] Zig - barred silkie hen, who is a little here & there and a little more bold, with barred feathering
3] Vadar - a BIG, jet black, roo; bold and imposing on the surface, but a softie on the inside
4] Le Pew - the blackish showgirl roo with a silver streak in his crest & feather tips. Despite being male, he has a sweet, submissive personality.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom