all who are hatching quail

That's how I view pretty much EVERYTHING, lol. Nothing ventured, nothing gained...right?
wink.png

Right.

First time keeper here, putting 132 eggs (the size of my tray) in the incubator this evening...Fingers crossed for me :)

Only recieved 108 eggs (9 dozen) which are now onto day 10 in the incubator...Temp 37.5 and humidity 49% (set at 55% on day 1)...Should I lock them down on day 13 or 14?

Last edited:
I am so excited! My first EVER hatch! :jumpy :woot :ya I can't tell whether its a girl or boy (I wouldn't expect to this early) but any advice when sexing this young? PS: Any advice on keeping the peeping down? He/She only seems to quiet down when it sees me, or I record it peeping and play it to them, hahahaha :lau  Sorry, a bit hysterical at the moment. I was in the middle of class when my dad texted me and said we had a hatcher! I almost yelped out loud :weee Expecting the others to hatch shortly, but while the baby was running around the incubator it rolled some of the eggs around-should that be a major problem?? 
If i have one that hatches early. I will put a small stuffed animal in the brooder with it. Generally once there more than one that is in the brooder they are quieter. Basically it is lonely.
You should be able to tell males from females around the second week. Rust color on the chest is a male. Spotted chest is female.
Good luck and have fun with the hatch. It is a lot of fun watching them hatch.
Congrats!

Getting into full-on production mode. Hatched out 75 chicks on Tuesday, cleaned the incubator and put another 120 eggs in Wednesday. Due the 21st.

Thanks! 1 more hatched last night and another 2 started hatching when I left for school this morning. I put the hatched one from last night in the brooder with their sibling and the poor baby thought that her brother/sister was her mama and tried to nestle in under them. Then the first hatch tried to peck her when he got frustrated but now they are inseparable! !!

URGENT? Okay guys so I had one more hatcher today and I thought one of the eggs (which fully zipped this morning) was gonna hatch and it hasn't yet but its still trying to get out??? What should I do, it's going on 12 hours

And it just got turned over by the chick in the bator and the whole exterior of the shell is zipped but the interior looks stuck together-------->
^ Enjoy my chicks photo bomb too.

If there's a lot of other unhatched eggs that you know will hatch don't open the incubator but if it's one of the last ones open it and help it out. BUTT BE WARNED it may have a broken/strained neck, crinkled feet, defects that have happened from being in the egg to long. I usually let mother nature take its course. But you do what you feel in right! Good luck and hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom