Ameraucana color variety

soccerguy17

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 7, 2007
washington
i asked on here earlier what breed my roo was and i was told he cold be a salmon favorelle but he doesnt have feathered feet and then i was told he could be an EE but he has slate colored legs and i thought EEs didnt have slate colored legs so i asked the lady i got his eggs from and she told me he was 100% Ameraucana so i asked her what color variety and she shrugged and said she had no clue:rolleyes:
the reason i ask this question is because i would like to enter him in the local fair this fall but dont know what to register him as thanks for the help. here is a pic i took of him yesterday.
DSC_0223.jpg

I believe the color is called Silver Duckwing, but dont make me swear to it, LOL! He does have an Ameraucana look, but the comb looks odd to me. It sticks up so high, not close to the head like a pea comb usually does. Sorry I can't be more help. This is the show quality sire of my Ameraucana chicks so you can compare:
JetRoo.jpg

Last edited:
I know nothing about showing and there may be nothing wrong with his comb, nothing that would hurt him in a show situation. It does seem to stick up alot more than many, but you should probably get the opinion of someone who knows how the breed is judged to tell you their opinion of him. He's a pretty color, certainly. Look at www.feathersite.com at their Ameraucana and also, their Easter Egger page. They have some that look quite similar to your boy.

ok thanks i really dont care if hes show quality i just like to show my chickens every once and a while and have always wondered what his color was called thanks for the help. im amazed at how easy it is to show ive always been told by my local chicken people that showing is hard but last year my barred rock and white leghorn got 1 place in their breed and i got many offers to buy them one guy offered 50 bucks for my barred rock jethro!
big_smile.png
i guess im just lucky ive heard storys of birds going nuts in the cages and pulling their feathers out but my birds just sat in their cages and layed eggs.

He is an easter egger rooster, golden duckwing is correct. I am sur ethat the person you got them from says its pure Ameraucana, but if you ask them where they got them from, I am sure they will say a feed store or hatchery. Most people don't know the difference. I had a roo Identical to him. It is not a recognized color variety in the Ameraucana, but beautiful none the less.

Back
Top Bottom