Ameraucana Projects Thread

Hello Folks! This is Saltandpepper from waaaayyy back, and I am now once again starting my paint project! The rooster has finally completely matured, and has good form and beard, but comb is a bit too big, and has waaaayyyy too much red leakage. Unfortunately, the paint pullet failed to thrive. So, I was able to find two more blue pullets, and am raising a blue and white pullet chicks to use to breed out the red leakage... wish me luck!

Hello Folks! This is Saltandpepper from waaaayyy back, and I am now once again starting my paint project! The rooster has finally completely matured, and has good form and beard, but comb is a bit too big, and has waaaayyyy too much red leakage. Unfortunately, the paint pullet failed to thrive. So, I was able to find two more blue pullets, and am raising a blue and white pullet chicks to use to breed out the red leakage... wish me luck!

He looks more Red Pyle at this point . At least you have the dominant white that is needed . Good luck . I will try to add a picture of one of mine . Not really serious about paint at this time but I do like to study genetics first hand .

This one is Ermenett pattern caused by a type of dominant white . Seems to be a different dominant white than the hen has . Two separate bloodlines .

He looks more Red Pyle at this point . At least you have the dominant white that is needed . Good luck . I will try to add a picture of one of mine . Not really serious about paint at this time but I do like to study genetics first hand . This one is Ermenett pattern caused by a type of dominant white . Seems to be a different dominant white than the hen has . Two separate bloodlines .
Please educate me... What is red Pyle? Beautiful birds by the way!

I looked it up, and you're right, he looks very much like a diluted red Pyle. However, his siblings ( him being the only survivor) all showed traits of paints, so I'm hoping that the good quality blues will draw out this color variation.

Last edited:
I looked it up, and you're right, he looks very much like a diluted red Pyle. However, his siblings ( him being the only survivor) all showed traits of paints, so I'm hoping that the good quality blues will draw out this color variation.
Dominant white removes black better than red . This makes Red Pyle possible . It also makes paint possible . You can make paint in any black based color as 1 copy of dominant lets some black come through .

Dominant white removes black better than red . This makes Red Pyle possible . It also makes paint possible . You can make paint in any black based color as 1 copy of dominant lets some black  come through .
Makes sense. I have some exp in dominant whites... I still remember how upset I was the first time I hatched from a dominant white bird and the offspring was black. Lol

Here is the pair I hatched from this year . I have not been breeding the paints together yet . Working on a dominant white line trying to improve type . Paint is just what you get . So no paint project here .

Here is the pair I hatched from this year . I have not been breeding the paints together yet . Working on a dominant white line trying to improve type . Paint is just what you get . So no paint project here .
Beautiful birds though! Paint will be my end goal, but I get distracted... Easily.. So who knows what the end result will be?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom