Ameraucana temperament

I have 15 Ameraucanas and most of mine are extremely tame. I have whites, which love to get in my lap to get snuggles and petting. After the whites, the blacks are mostly tame, some also enjoy getting in my lap for petting and neck rubs. The lavenders are a bit more challenging, as they are more flightly. All my birds are easily picked up though. As chicks, I did work with them and showed them that petting was a good thing, so I think that helped a lot. I don't know why, but roosters seem to be the most loving of all. Mine are now 4 months, and I see no personality changes due to growing up. Most of them all still get along. There is one black one that is a thinks he's the boss, but there is always one, isn't there?? I received mine from Cackle Hatchery also! :frow

Mine are very friendly! They went through a teenage phase where they were skittish and didn’t want to be with me but once they started laying they got more friendly. Now they are great snuggle birds, they will fight to sit in my lap or lay on a towel next to me ❤️

Attachments

• IMG_6067_Original.jpeg
    IMG_6067_Original.jpeg
    820.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6960.jpeg
    IMG_6960.jpeg
    598.8 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom