American serama thread!

This is my MAIN MAN PEENUT the serama..he comes with me to all the poultry shows on my mobile command center with his harem of two girls.

His number 1 girl Princess (who lost her toes to scaley leg mites :(
she was a shelter rescue

I also have Zoey the one winged wonder

One wing! That is amazing!

@MadamPoofyBrow

All of the birds where having patience issues with me trying to pose them, But they are all usually better about it, If you are interested in them I can Pm you pictures From the show of them Posing Even Nicer

Pen #1

Cockerel ( He is very young, so he will Mature more

His legs are much longer and his wings more vertical, Like I said, Patience problems lol

Pullet
This is my favorite Pullet, Her and the cockerel are from Jerrys seramas

Her back is almost non existent, and wings almost completely vertical!

And the Frizzle Pullet

Her tail is more vertical but she saw a bug and wanted to eat it

Pen #2

He had just finished crowing here, hence the Funny stance
He went to the show In november and got a 74 on his card!

Pullet #1

She is my worst one, and she is Really pretty nice! 68 on her card

Pullet #2 She is a silkied! I haven't shown her yet

If anyone is interested let me know!

Beautiful birds Pete! I would love to see more pics, PM me whenever you've got some!
I'm very interested in eggs from both you and Shahtir. When will yours be available Pete?

I tried to contact the breeder awhile back and never heard back from them. :-/
Suspicious, huh?
Very...

Should their backs be really short even as chicks? Like, at hatch they should have a tiny back?
no, they look like normal chicks, but sometimes they stand a little taller

Yeah. So my eight little ones, although they look like normal chickens (who sometimes stick their tails straight up) right now, as they get older they (if they're good Seramas) will start getting the Serama stance?
I would Go to a serama show and talk to a breeder and find out if they have birds and maybe have them critique them in person!

But even when they're not posing, they have short backs? One of the little hens constantly walks around with her wings down and tail up. If I didn't know any better I'd think she was a rooster...
They should have FAIRLY short backs, but when they are posing their comb should be or almost touching their tail

You can do that!? Excuse my ignorance, but wow. I thought you could only ship eggs and day-old chicks who are still living off the yolk. How do they survive the trip?
Yes you Can!

Beautiful birds Pete! I would love to see more pics, PM me whenever you've got some!
I'm very interested in eggs from both you and Shahtir. When will yours be available Pete?

They will probably be laying well in the spring... I can get you pictures at a show that I am going to soon, its febuary 13 or 14... my birds tend to be a little bit more willing to pose lol!

Ill get some pics of the eight little ones tomorrow and see what you guys think. I already deffinatly see some posing going on with them, even the hens.

Ill get some pics of the eight little ones tomorrow and see what you guys think. I already deffinatly see some posing going on with them, even the hens.
celebrate.gif
That is great! My hens sometimes seem to be a bit less enthusiastic than the roosters. So, that is great that the hens already are wanting to pose! ( remember when I said that you want to look for a bird that poses naturally and wants to...this is what I was talking about)
thumbsup.gif

:celebrate  That is great! My hens sometimes seem to be a bit less enthusiastic than the roosters. So, that is great that the hens already are wanting to pose! ( remember when I said that you want to look for a bird that poses naturally and wants to...this is what I was talking about):thumbsup

Woohoo! My favourite little hen, a mottled, stands very straight. She's super cute, too
1f60d.png

I'll post pics in the morning
1f60a.png

Woohoo! My favourite little hen, a mottled, stands very straight. She's super cute, too
1f60d.png

I'll post pics in the morning
1f60a.png
Can't wait to see the pictures! I have a mottled hen like that too (when she chooses)
lau.gif

Edit: I call my coop the mottled castle. I have so many mottled birds
lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom