American serama thread!

Well, not much new here. My duo’s babies are growing, they are all growing. Looks like the latest hatches have been girl heavy, so I’m extremely happy about that!

I have two girls sitting together now, it’s been cold, and I didn’t think their eggs were fertile. When I checked the other day, they only had 2 eggs! Lol They were clear, so I gave them 6 (or 8?) eggs from my other pen. I forgot what day I did that. Hope I dated the eggs lol

A few recent pics for fun.
View attachment 1572521 View attachment 1572522 View attachment 1572523
I think our serama chicks hatched around the same time. 7 weeks ago? can you show us some more picks of the babies? I would like to compare, I still don't know if mine are boys or girls.

Well, not much new here. My duo’s babies are growing, they are all growing. Looks like the latest hatches have been girl heavy, so I’m extremely happy about that!

I have two girls sitting together now, it’s been cold, and I didn’t think their eggs were fertile. When I checked the other day, they only had 2 eggs! Lol They were clear, so I gave them 6 (or 8?) eggs from my other pen. I forgot what day I did that. Hope I dated the eggs lol

A few recent pics for fun.
View attachment 1572521 View attachment 1572522 View attachment 1572523
Any new babies out there . Pictures of Serama cuties ?
@Faraday40 still a boy and girl ?
@WVduckchick anything new your way ?
seramafa.jpg

Any new babies out there . Pictures of Serama cuties ?
@Faraday40 still a boy and girl ?
@WVduckchick anything new your way ?
I'll have to take some pics, but sadly, I feel both of my chicks might be male. They're still very spoiled, though. I remember my female had absolutely no comb height or color at 3 weeks. I think I'm seeing some pink in those little combs. I'll probably know in just a few more days.

7 weeks? I’d say girls but a boy could pop out of there.

I think my hens hatched some 7 weeks ago. It’s the 3 closest to the red feeder in that other pic, the 2 black ones (one I suspect is male) and the tricolor above the feeder. I’ll get better pics tomorrow.

I did do a tally of my pens today because I have a few customers looking for some.
I’m now at 37 total seramas, only 7 males, and that’s if the little black one is male. I’ll keep 4, and have buyers for 3, so I’m in good shape for boys finally!

This is my new #2 boy in my smooth pen. He hatched early summer. He’s very shy, but i like him a bunch.
04413BBC-DF2C-4B38-AA80-06F5E043C93F.jpeg
59B2F2AB-49EA-4505-9DF2-C919AD1DE124.jpeg

7 weeks? I’d say girls but a boy could pop out of there.

I think my hens hatched some 7 weeks ago. It’s the 3 closest to the red feeder in that other pic, the 2 black ones (one I suspect is male) and the tricolor above the feeder. I’ll get better pics tomorrow.

I did do a tally of my pens today because I have a few customers looking for some.
I’m now at 37 total seramas, only 7 males, and that’s if the little black one is male. I’ll keep 4, and have buyers for 3, so I’m in good shape for boys finally!

This is my new #2 boy in my smooth pen. He hatched early summer. He’s very shy, but i like him a bunch.
View attachment 1572914 View attachment 1572915
I love your seramas, and how different and colorful they are! :) I have a feeling that I have either 3 boys or 3 girls. They develop the same, the waddles, combs are just a bit orange-pinkish. No fights, no chest bumps... At 7 weeks I thought I would know... silly seramas.

I love your seramas, and how different and colorful they are! :) I have a feeling that I have either 3 boys or 3 girls. They develop the same, the waddles, combs are just a bit orange-pinkish. No fights, no chest bumps... At 7 weeks I thought I would know... silly seramas.

Thanks! That’s part of the fun of seramas for me. I was breeding lav orps and although they were beautiful when they hatched, they all looked the same! Ya never know for sure with seramas. :D
I have recently gotten several mille fleur-ish patterned birds, and a few exchequer. So maybe the breed more consistently than I thought.

Thanks! That’s part of the fun of seramas for me. I was breeding lav orps and although they were beautiful when they hatched, they all looked the same! Ya never know for sure with seramas. :D
I have recently gotten several mille fleur-ish patterned birds, and a few exchequer. So maybe the breed more consistently than I thought.
Mine are all black, maybe because my hen is part rosecomb bantam, I think. That gene must dominate. Also 2 out of the 3 have rosecombs. I need to keep my eyes open for some more seramas needed to be rescued. :) to mix it up.

I took some pics. They're exactly 3 weeks & POOF! Those little combs & wattles are starting to pop. i swear they weren't there yesterday!!!!
I highly doubt either has any chance of being female.
View attachment 1573066 View attachment 1573067 View attachment 1573068 View attachment 1573069 View attachment 1573070
Oh my! I am in love!!!!:love3 weeks, and such impressive combs and waddles. Just beautiful!!! Mine don't have such combs at week 7! maybe one of the roos needs to be rescued? ;)

Back
Top Bottom