American serama thread!

wp_20150403_016-jpg.1584619

:lau

I love that pic!

BTW- Do you think my coop has enough ventilation? It's just those 2 holes above where we hung the heating panel.

He would sit there and watch them for hours! :lol:

Ventilation, I don’t know. I kinda doubt it’s enough, but these things aren’t air tight anyway, so maybe it’s ok? Mine only has the rectangular section that can be seen in the pic with the light bulb. It has a slider cover, but I always leave it fully open. I also leave the main door open. Maybe check some articles here. I think there are some guidelines that you can calculate what is recommended. :confused:

What do y'all breed your seramas for? Pets, show, etc?

Pets, entertainment, eggs to eat, hatching eggs for me and for sale, I have customers that have used my birds for shows (4H type stuff). I don’t claim to have SQ birds, but I’m sure they have the ability to produce some show birds. I don’t do shows though.

I am so proud of my little Elvis! He's less than a year old and has already filled out amazing. (His tail is messed up from hens)
20181110_123815.jpg
20181110_123818.jpg

He is the first and only chick from my Spencer × Raven crossing. I thought I couldn't get any better than Spencer. I guess I was wrong!
Spencer:
20180818_195349.jpg

Spencer and Raven are brother and sister. (No pics of Raven)
I've come a long way already from grandparents Spencer ( father of Elvis was named after him) and Sapphire.
Screenshot_2017-12-15-23-55-37.png

(I do not own these two)

Back
Top Bottom