American serama thread!

They are all fine now. Recent pics the cream was great. Can I have opinions as to whether they could be sold.i have rather to many lol. I'm keeping 4. Thanks in advance
No signs of burns. I'm always amazed at how tough chickens are. I just had a young cockerel rip the side of a hen. Some rest, daily disinfectant & antibiotic ointment, & she's healing up so quickly.

My Dec 2nd chicks are now a little over 6 weeks old.

Blue Orp (Poor girl is hitting the awkward stage very hard!) By the feathering & feet color, I'm beginning to wonder if her Daddy was Mr Wonderful. The other option is a lav orp cockerel - but his feet are solid slate gray like Jewel (the biological mama).

"White" continues to be my fav serama. She's sweet & calmer than the other. I have no idea what to call her mixed color of buff, white, cream, & gray.

"Chipmunk" is feisty but endearing. She still has the red wattles (tight, not dropped), but I see no other male signs, so I'm pretty sure she's female. She reminds me of her biological mama - Noodle.

Some additional "family" pics. The size differences always make me giggle.

aasmallestchick.jpg

One of my latest-10 grams.

I didn’t think Seramas were a broody breed like Silkies. I got my girls so I could actually have some chickens to enjoy and not glued to the nest box, haha jokes on me I’ve had these girls just over a month now and 2 of them went broody this week. Are they good moms like Silkies? Are they easy to break, my Silkies are determined and difficult to break.

I’ve had a couple that gave up, either on their own, or by me just taking their eggs away. But they have all been wonderful mommas. Fierce protectors, good teachers, etc.
I have a couple that would brood 3 sets a year, if I let them. :D

Okay my Silkies are determined when I finally get them broke at about 3 weeks they will lay a couple eggs and be right back at it, it’s a never ending battle. A couple times I have just given up and let them hatch a few just to stop the cycle for awhile.

I’ve had a couple that gave up, either on their own, or by me just taking their eggs away. But they have all been wonderful mommas. Fierce protectors, good teachers, etc.
I have a couple that would brood 3 sets a year, if I let them. :D
X2. Wonderful brooders and parents. Mine even raise chicks during the winter months with the help of a heat lamp. These little birds are much hardier than given credit for.

My first 2 Serama chicks are about 7 weeks old. (hatched 12/2/18) The larger one settled the sex question when he attempted a crow this past weekend. The jury is still out on the other, I am praying for pullet. They are so sweet. It will be really tough if I have to rehome. Are those normal chick feathers or might they have some frizzle genes? The parents are in my Avatar. (However they were brooded by my Buff Orpington.
IMG_0605.jpg

him/them.
IMG_0607.jpg
IMG_0636.jpg

My first 2 Serama chicks are about 7 weeks old. (hatched 12/2/18) The larger one settled the sex question when he attempted a crow this past weekend. The jury is still out on the other, I am praying for pullet. They are so sweet. It will be really tough if I have to rehome. Are those normal chick feathers or might they have some frizzle genes? The parents are in my Avatar. (However they were brooded by my Buff Orpington. View attachment 1650029

him/them.View attachment 1650016 View attachment 1650017

I also think you have 2 boys.

My chicks share the same Bday as yours (Dec 2, 2018)
These pics were taken on 1-14-19
My females have no comb & the wattles haven't dropped.
white 1.jpg
chipmunk 1.jpg

I gave away the male & he's now a very spoiled house pet.
6 wks b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom