American serama thread!

Quote:
Oh yea, I am learning Jennys broody routine, she comes out every AM for a dust bath and then sits the rest of the time.....She is getting her breakfast in bed and she scarfs it all down ASAP!. I am really excited about candling on Sat or Sunday!!!!
woot.gif

I love everyone's pictures!!! Such pretty Seramas and babies!!!
love.gif

Happily I'm off of work until next week, so I can read and post away!

Chick #1 is a frizzle - yippeee ... now I have to pick a good name, I was calling it Pippy, since #2 is Tippy ... but have to think of something better. Maybe if it's a girl it will be Lady Gaga to go with all of the singer names for the other seramas. I'll get pictures tomorrow when it's light out. Then #3 and #4 are in the incubator still, waiting for the next three to hatch. If no pips by morning, I'll move #3 and 4 to the brooder. So excited!!!

Goodmorning folks!

I was reading the thread and I want to know.... Where do you get the wheat germ? In the flour section at the grocery store? Or the feed store.

Then how much do you feed of it and how often?

My girls are laying but sporadically. I put it down to the high temps we are having here. But, perhaps they need some wheat germ in their diet.
big_smile.png

BobbyC how's the meal worm farm working out?

Quote:
Wheat germ is good or wheat germ oil can be put directly on scratch, but I don't feed any corn in the summer...I use soaked whole grain oats (like you feed horses) instead of scratch. Water needs to be changed every day. I place it in a colander inside a large bowl and just lift it up, change the water and good to go. Can go all the way up to sprouted grains.

Back
Top Bottom