American serama thread!

I just had to LAUGH OUT LOUD at the look on Tommy's face!!! Little HELLION!!!!
It is possible that their houseing is just too small for them..try putting them in a MUCH large house so that there is more room for them. Add some perches/and/or boxes something to escape to. and see if that helps ;)
omg they are so cute!!!

My baby layed her 1st egg today! She's only 17 weeks old. Sooooooo surprised & excited!
I love the poster ... And congrats on your first :jumpyegg!

Two questions...i have 3 pullets in the same pen/coop...two 17 week old Seramas & one 14 week old polish tolbunt.
One of my seramas layed her 1st egg today. Since they are still on chick starter I put in a feeder with oyster shell for her but the pieces seem so much bigger than the starter feed. Will she have trouble eating it?
Also I saw my 14 week old polish tolbunt eating the oyster shell will it harm/hurt her?

I'm Absolutely brand new to seramas..just got my first one last week & she is a frizzle and around 20 weeks!! She is doing fine w/ the Size of the oyster shell...I hAve my bantams on crumbles because they seem so small for pellets .& I can't yet locate micro pellets . Idk if it works the same for all chickens but my chickens don't touch it until they get close to the point of lay !!!

Last edited:
Lol I'm already thinking I just need a couple more
263a.png
! I have my sweet new serama girl in w/ my silkies. Everyone is getting along fine so far. They are the same age although she is more the size of the silkies half her age! I'm wondering if she will be ok w/ my roo once he reaches maturity since she is so small ?He just started chasing the girls the last week or so (first thing in morning mostly )

Last edited:
welcome to the serama world- they are worse than potato chips- i dampen the crumble for them, some of them are soooo tiny, and that way no grinding or using the blender, and they love the stuff!

I have a sieve I use. I put the regular starter in it, and shake out the fines into a plate. Then I put the bigger leftover crumbles with the bigger chicks.

Edited to add a pic.

Last edited:
Free pet Serama - Ocala, Florida

I raise Silkied Serama.
I paired a smooth hen with a silkied rooster but only get smooth chicks (11/11)

I have a pair that is 4.5 months old. Also an additional rooster the same age.

I have 2 chicks that are 6.5 weeks old. Slim chance that one of them is a female.

MUST be able to protect from hawks & night stalkers.

Free pet Serama - Ocala, Florida I raise Silkied Serama. I paired a smooth hen with a silkied rooster but only get smooth chicks (11/11) I have a pair that is 4.5 months old. Also an additional rooster the same age. I have 2 chicks that are 6.5 weeks old. Slim chance that one of them is a female. MUST be able to protect from hawks & night stalkers.
oh I wish I lived closer. They are gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom