American serama thread!

They are beautiful, and it's great to see you smiling!

Best feeling in the world! The kids love me and I love them.we couldn't find laureen for the pic but Laureen took asa open and her "apprentice' allie took junior-laureen won best in asa show. The I took scna best of open, my little buddy Alex too juniors and i beat him for best of show. Just beautiful when kids and adults can find common ground and work together
love.gif
my hand was really bad so Allie, alex, his mom dorothy and Laireen and Liz & jeremy helped me get all my birds moved. i could not have done it without them!

Best feeling in the world! The kids love me and I love them.we couldn't find laureen for the pic but Laureen took asa open and her "apprentice' allie took junior-laureen won best in asa show. The I took scna best of open, my little buddy Alex too juniors and i beat him for best of show. Just beautiful when kids and adults can find common ground and work together
love.gif
my hand was really bad so Allie, alex, his mom dorothy and Laireen and Liz & jeremy helped me get all my birds moved. i could not have done it without them!

That's an awesome photo, and what it's all about.

I am looking for a small (silkied & booted) mottled serama Roo! Even a cross breed is fine if it's silkied and small like a serama. If anyone has one, please let me know! I will need shipping to Utah. Thanks!

8/8 all developing as of Day 18, went to check air cells, saw an external pip, freaked out and jacked up humidity for lockdown. Oops. But I can see them rolling around as of today (day 19).
fl.gif

My pet quality seramas are growing up. One of my pullets is starting to get red on her comb and eye areas and she's starting to make the buawk sound, the rooster is starting to crow(sounds a bit like a frog right now).

I noticed though that the rooster can not see things like mealworms. He knows they are there but when he tries to pick them up he misses. He taps all around the mealworms but never gets hold of them. I wonder if he has a problem with double vision, depth perception or some other thing. He has a black spot on his beak which is just part of his coloring and I thought maybe he's looking at that black spot when he is trying to pick stuff off the ground. His aim is lower than what he wants. His eyes look fine, he's healthy so he's eating the chicken crumble in the coop.

He refused to hold his tail up until recently. Now that he's maturing he's holding it up and not down. I picked up one of his flockmates earlier today and he came running to see what the squak was about :) I wonder if his bad eye sight had something to do with him also keeping his tail down. He's a pretty little guy but I'll probably replace him with one of the chicks growing up.

Back
Top Bottom