Americana, Araucana, or Easter Egger???

If those birds were purchased as Araucana, they over paid. Those aren't Araucana. They may be Ameraucana, but they could also be Easter Egger mixes. It's not that hard to produce a black bird with muffs and a pea comb. In any case, $15 bucks for two point of lay pullets isn't a bad deal, regardless of their breeding.

If they actually paid $15 then they would be Ameraucana. Even if they are EEs, $15 for started pullets is a decent price.

ETA I must have been typing as you posted but we had the same idea about price. Haha

Last edited:
I'm going ahead and purchasing them. I'm hoping they are Ameraucana but if not it's all right.

Where did the sellers get them from?

I agree, the price is fine for the birds, even if they're EE. That's what I'd be selling mine for.

Last edited:
They said they got them from a Breeder in Ky. Price doesn't bother me. I just hope im not being lied to.

I wish I could get them sooner. I'm going crazy waiting. I'm eager to find out what they are! It's exciting.

How much are they asking for them?

I agree the pics aren't good quality. I'd ask for better pics. If you're going to drive any distance, or they're asking a decent price, they need to provide clear, quality pictures.

The body shape looks a little off to me. They look a bit heavy and fluffy for Ameraucana. I can't tell if they have the hallmark features--pea combs, beard/muffs and white/pink skin.

they also need to have come from pure blue eggs, not green. They don't look to be laying yet, if they are they need to be laying blue eggs. Green eggs are not an Ameraucana.
Agreed

Back
Top Bottom