Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Rec

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
Good luck!!
highfive.gif

How many dogs are needed to pull a 250lbs man?

Hi Stern Rose
General rule of thumb is 1 dog for every 50 lbs of freight, including human. I've been in some rough spots and 7 dogs is my standby team. I only weigh 198 but I always take emergency rations gear with me. A lot can happen on a 60 mile trek of bush, swamp and ridge, and pretty well everything in between.
I would most definitely use about 30 Chihuahuas though, long haired variety of course. 4 or 5 Qimmiq would do the job just fine. Maybe even 3. Alaskan Malamutes....3 for sure would do it. It would just take a lot longer.
I hope this was helpful.

Hi Stern Rose
General rule of thumb is 1 dog for every 50 lbs of freight, including human. I've been in some rough spots and 7 dogs is my standby team. I only weigh 198 but I always take emergency rations gear with me. A lot can happen on a 60 mile trek of bush, swamp and ridge, and pretty well everything in between.
I would most definitely use about 30 Chihuahuas though, long haired variety of course. 4 or 5 Qimmiq would do the job just fine. Maybe even 3. Alaskan Malamutes....3 for sure would do it. It would just take a lot longer.
I hope this was helpful.

I'm thinking sib huskys(2-3) labs(2-3) and malamutes(1-2)
It can get harsh here in the winter but I'm not for speed. Just fun and bonding time. I might one day get a competativr team. But for now just fun.

Hi Stern Rose
I hope this was helpful.

I heard that before but forgot the day after...

Back
Top Bottom