Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Rec

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
Nope. Lol. How's life?

My life is amazing.
I worked @ many different jobs since I was 10 and decided @ 35 "That's enough of this working for the man.....feeding the beast" and decided to enjoy my life.

Now I hunt, trap, grow a garden, pick wild nits and fruits and herbal medicines, raise farm poultry and MUSH all winter.
I work when I need to buy something for my mushing outfit is about all. And only what I want to do.
Life is amazing.

I'm gunna get 6-8 dogs. I'm not gunna do it until I get my whole team trained and when there all over 3. Cuz I'm gunna spay them when there 1.5yrs old.
I'm thinking of getting my lead dogs like this
1lab: lead
1malamute:wheel
Then
1sib:lead
1malamute;wheel
Then getting my team sections.
And BTW I'm gunna get a few rescue dogs, saves life's and saves $$ and makes more room for the next mutts.
Maybe 2-3 rescues

Mals were bred to be a slow moving but very powerful. A family of 4or5 may have 3 hooked up to sled pulling all the camp gear, hunting and survival gear plus Baby and Mommy.
I don't know if fast moving Lab and Sibe leaders would be conducive to a comfortable Mal.
I've tried Mals on my team a few times. Yup. Definitely bred to be slower and stronger. Many of my friends now have "free" good quality Mals as "single dog teams" for their child/ren.
But let me know how it works for you.

These wolves are starting to stalked someone kids. I might add bells to mine.

That is really really strange behaviour from a wolf. Iv'e never heard of anything like that happening around here.. On the other hand there are numerous stories that tell of how wolves have helped humans.
Actually sounds more like wolf/dog or coy/dog or even Coy/wolf behaviour. By the way those cross breeds are all essentially human made

So like where SternRose lives?

I don't know where Stern Rose lives but judging by "1 inch of snow" in one of her posts, I would think Eurohounds are probably better for her.
Alaskan Husky is good for warmer 0* -20*C although they can go into -30*C or a bit colder with the proper protective gear.
Sibes are a cold weather dog. -10, -30*C or a bit colder.
Malamute and McKenzie River Husky are both a colder weather dogs. Around -20,-40*C
Sam and Qimmiq are both extremely cold weather beasties. Like -40, -50, -60*C
I personally think it would be mean to have these cold and colder and coldest weather dogs to even live in a luke warm climate now indeed to mush with them.

A joke to drive home the point. "What's the definition of cruelty?....... Training homing pigeons then moving."

Oh yeah eh, Kansas was mentioned wasn't it. I just remembered.
:old
Sorry Stern Rose. Even though I'm a bit on the ripening side of age my mind still has a hard time keeping up with me.
So, yeah, my thoughts are "go with Eurohounds". If you wanna get a little more serious about mushing anyway.
But please if you don't have to, don't get Mals or Macs or especially Sams or Qimmiqs.

Why take a Polar Bear to try live a natural life in the South American jungle or Mexico?
:idunno

I'm think of having a play area. So on hot days I can let them all go in there. It'll have alot of shading, kiddy pools, toys, jumps, tunnels and anything else that is recommended or thought might be great to put in there. They'll have like 1/2-1 acres. They'll share the play yard with my house dogs sometimes.

I'm think of having a play area. So on hot days I can let them all go in there. It'll have alot of shading, kiddy pools, toys, jumps, tunnels and anything else that is recommended or thought might be great to put in there. They'll have like 1/2-1 acres. They'll share the play yard with my house dogs sometimes.

Aw. That's sweet. I guess I don't love my dogs as much as I thought I did after all.:rolleyes:
The only time my dogs get to play in the water is when I take them for a run through the creek or when it rains so much that puddles form in their area.
My dogs playground is hundreds of square miles but the only time and way they play is when they're working.
I really don't have much playtime but we play tag and chase in the pen. It's just about 12X55 but we have fun.
Mind you, I can only put 1 or 2 in there with me at a time. Add to that I ain't as energetic as I once was.:old
Your play area or common area is a good idea.
:thumbsup
I hope you have fun.
But now you have my wheels going.
Darn, another project.:th

Back
Top Bottom