• sprint

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Rec

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
Pics
Yeah, I'm finding that out. Lol, mom keeps asking, you sure you want them? Lol.

Its a huge commitment, unlike skiing, b-ball and stuff, you can't just lock the dogs in a closet until next season. You have to train all most all year to keep them fit and happy. I haven't been mushing that long and sometimes i wish i picked a different sport. But then i see how happy the dogs are once we make trail, and its worth it.

Yeah, I get the whole commitment thing. I keep asking my self, "Do I realy want them" and "what if I get the first 2 pups and decide I don't want to do it any more?" And my answers are the same every time. I realy want to do this because, I love dogs, I want to be fit, I love being outside, dogs make me a better person. If I get the pups and decide I don't want to sled, then I have 2 great companions!

When I'm with my dogs, I'm a whole different person. I become gentler, calmer. I'm a little ADHD, so when I'm with my dogs, it helps me focus. Plus I love training dogs, becoming a vet is a life long dream, my dogs help me remind me why I want to a vet. My 1 dogs a grey hound/Shepard mix. Born and raised on the streets as a stray( that's what we were told atleast), she was picked up at the age of 7months. She was dropped of at a pound. When my brother adored her, she was so skinny, and she had 12hrs until she was to be put to sleep. My brother had to choose between her and a pit bull that had 20minutes until he was to be put to sleep! He choose her because her temperament and the fact pit bulls aren't allowed were we lived, atleast not at the time. The pit was adopted by a couple as my brother walked out the door. The pit was being drug to the back for his "shots as the couple was told, and the couples daughter cryed until they bought her the 4month old pit bull pup! 4MONTHS OLD!

Chevy is now a fat 7yr old mutt! I still think she's a puppy mill reject. But that doesn't matter anymore:)

I want to be a vet to help those little ups, those old dogs, and all the other rejects that people can't handle or don't want cuz they never realy thought it was hard to keep a pet.

Srry if I became random, I'm typing this at like 11pm and half asleep.
Goodnight!

Yeah, I get the whole commitment thing. I keep asking my self, "Do I realy want them" and "what if I get the first 2 pups and decide I don't want to do it any more?" And my answers are the same every time. I realy want to do this because, I love dogs, I want to be fit, I love being outside, dogs make me a better person. If I get the pups and decide I don't want to sled, then I have 2 great companions!

When I'm with my dogs, I'm a whole different person. I become gentler, calmer. I'm a little ADHD, so when I'm with my dogs, it helps me focus. Plus I love training dogs, becoming a vet is a life long dream, my dogs help me remind me why I want to a vet. My 1 dogs a grey hound/Shepard mix. Born and raised on the streets as a stray( that's what we were told atleast), she was picked up at the age of 7months. She was dropped of at a pound. When my brother adored her, she was so skinny, and she had 12hrs until she was to be put to sleep. My brother had to choose between her and a pit bull that had 20minutes until he was to be put to sleep! He choose her because her temperament and the fact pit bulls aren't allowed were we lived, atleast not at the time. The pit was adopted by a couple as my brother walked out the door. The pit was being drug to the back for his "shots as the couple was told, and the couples daughter cried until they bought her the 4month old pit bull pup! 4MONTHS OLD!

Chevy is now a fat 7yr old mutt! I still think she's a puppy mill reject. But that doesn't matter anymore:)

I want to be a vet to help those little ups, those old dogs, and all the other rejects that people can't handle or don't want cuz they never really thought it was hard to keep a pet.

Srry if I became random, I'm typing this at like 11pm and half asleep.
Goodnight!

I'm drained too.
I LOVE our humane society. They don't kill dogs. I personally believe, no dog deserve death just for being rejected. I'm glad the pit got adopted. Why throw a perfectly good IPhone away because it's black and you wanted a white one?

i would love to be a vet but i can't be a vet for reasons.
1) they ruined my toy poodle instead of fixing her. I can tell the story if you want
2) i can't handle blood. I'm a wimp sometimes.
3) i could put an animal to sleep with out a good reason. (i have another story about that)
4) Im a wimp
Etc.

I'm a totally different person around my dogs. I'm serious, stern, hyper, understanding, happy, compassionate, calmer, focused, i express my emotions. I can honestly say, I'm NOT a people person. I also don't cry in public. My friend has NEVER seen me cry. I've known her for 3 years!

OH I got Cindy CGCT thing today so we are one step closer to therapy work.

I found another sib breeder. $500 a pup and if u get 2 at 1 time you save $50 on the second pup. So instead of $1,000 it's $950! So u can buy a bag of dog food!

Is that $500.00 American dollars?

That's a lot of $$ for a dog that may the culmination of as much as 10 maybe 12 generations of "Line Breeding" genetic weakness.
Please make sure that they are registered, certified eyes, certified hips and be chipped and have their shots and be dewormed.
Also, a long pedigree should be available for your viewing and a copy made available at you request.
Although my dogs are not CKC or AKC or anyotherKC they have a pedigree. I gladly present 1 to whomever may request it.
I have a guarantee of good eyes, good hips, vet visit certificate and a tattoo with all my dogs. I also inform people they will require to sign a contract that if I ever see my K9s running loose or ending up in a shelter or pound I have the right to take them back into my care without refunding money to anyone.
Because I want people to own huskies but be responsible pet stewards I make these demands but only charge $300.00.
I encourage you to take your time, be vigilant, and look around for awhile. These dogs can live to be 16-18 years old. That should be a responsible decision. Some may argue even more so than marriage. I don't need my wife. I can cook, clean, do laundry, plant and reap a garden, cut wood, build a house, hunt......
My wife is a nice perk in my life that can look after herself. My dogs need me.
Good luck Stern Rose.

Is that $500.00 American dollars?

That's a lot of $$ for a dog that may the culmination of as much as 10 maybe 12 generations of "Line Breeding" genetic weakness.
Please make sure that they are registered, certified eyes, certified hips and be chipped and have their shots and be dewormed.
Also, a long pedigree should be available for your viewing and a copy made available at you request.
Although my dogs are not CKC or AKC or anyotherKC they have a pedigree. I gladly present 1 to whomever may request it.
I have a guarantee of good eyes, good hips, vet visit certificate and a tattoo with all my dogs. I also inform people they will require to sign a contract that if I ever see my K9s running loose or ending up in a shelter or pound I have the right to take them back into my care without refunding money to anyone.
Because I want people to own huskies but be responsible pet stewards I make these demands but only charge $300.00.
I encourage you to take your time, be vigilant, and look around for awhile. These dogs can live to be 16-18 years old. That should be a responsible decision. Some may argue even more so than marriage. I don't need my wife. I can cook, clean, do laundry, plant and reap a garden, cut wood, build a house, hunt......
My wife is a nice perk in my life that can look after herself. My dogs need me.
Good luck Stern Rose.

Yes, pedigrees, AKC, parents are proven and vet tested and past.
That's the cheapest they come around here with reg.

Yes, pedigrees, AKC, parents are proven and vet tested and past.
That's the cheapest they come around here with reg.

WOW. That is pretty expensive but at least you get a good report with them.
Also, at least your getting a real dog too. Not one of them $1700.00 "all bark(more like yap) and no bite" little things that just annoy bears then run away from them straight back to you with an annoyed bear on their heels just really "POed and looking for a scrap with anything now". LOL
YUP! Good for you young lady. Get a cpl of Sibes and some rescues. Better than buying a bunch of dogs from a puppymill too eh.
I can honestly support that frame of thinking.

Back
Top Bottom