• sprint

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Rec

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
Pics
Yeah, I'm finding that out. Lol, mom keeps asking, you sure you want them? Lol.
Its a huge commitment, unlike skiing, b-ball and stuff, you can't just lock the dogs in a closet until next season. You have to train all most all year to keep them fit and happy. I haven't been mushing that long and sometimes i wish i picked a different sport. But then i see how happy the dogs are once we make trail, and its worth it.

LOL. I just think it's so cute that these young ladies from down South are kinda in the same frame of thinking as an old man from up North was years ago.
I'm glad both of you are going into this with your eyes open.
It can and sometimes most likely will very expensive.
The ADD thing....... I was actually diagnosed with in highshool many years ago.
The docs put me on pills that messed me up pretty good for a cpl weeks before I stopped taking them.
And yes I am also not really a people person. Although I have learned to get along and even have fun with humans sometimes, I spend most of my time with my animals. Horses, chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, rabbits, pigeons and mostly with my dogs.
They've taught me so much. Because the dogs all have different personalities but they work well together so they've taught me to be accepting and non-judgmental of others idiosyncrosies. Oh please excuse me, I meant to say dogalities.
Well, my lunch break is over. Going out to start conditioning my team. I just bridled-up my baby's little quad and gona hook 6 to it and go down the road a cpl miles. Let y'all know wuzup later.
RezChamp out for now.

Could this work as a training tool?

It's alittle heavy in the front but, I can add a 3rd wheel though, we have it.

Could this work as a training tool?

It's alittle heavy in the front but, I can add a 3rd wheel though, we have it.

My friend uses one for carting with her dogs.
Here's we're I'm thinking of putting the play yard.

cool!
LOL. I just think it's so cute that these young ladies from down South are kinda in the same frame of thinking as an old man from up North was years ago.
I'm glad both of you are going into this with your eyes open.
It can and sometimes most likely will very expensive.
The ADD thing....... I was actually diagnosed with in highshool many years ago.
The docs put me on pills that messed me up pretty good for a cpl weeks before I stopped taking them.
And yes I am also not really a people person. Although I have learned to get along and even have fun with humans sometimes, I spend most of my time with my animals. Horses, chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, rabbits, pigeons and mostly with my dogs.
They've taught me so much. Because the dogs all have different personalities but they work well together so they've taught me to be accepting and non-judgmental of others idiosyncrosies. Oh please excuse me, I meant to say dogalities.
Well, my lunch break is over. Going out to start conditioning my team. I just bridled-up my baby's little quad and gona hook 6 to it and go down the road a cpl miles. Let y'all know wuzup later.
RezChamp out for now.
I'm both ADD and ADHA. I learn by doing. (yep stole that from 4h lol) The more i can actively do something, and the less i have to read about it, the better i am at that thing. I love to read but don't learn well with reading.

What I mean is, when I get my pups, I'm planning on getting 1 lead and 1 wheel dog in a pair.
The cart thing would be to build up mucle tone while I'm training the other team mates. Cuz if I get 1 of each I can through nala in to make my team 3, then when I get pair 2 I do the same as 1. But when I get the 3rd pair of pups. I use pair 1 and nala to train them. And when I can't run them I could hook the wheel dogs up and strength train them. Sound good?

Hi Stern Rose.
I believe very firmly "Where there is a will there is a way."
My first sled I personally made was for hauling wood to the house from the wood pile. It was built from scrap lumber 2X4's. it was more or less a kind of a L-shaped lladder with one end of the long pieces cut at an angle to "rise" it out of the snow. The foolowing spring and summer I got a cpl of dogs so I drilled holes large enough to put lawnmowerer wheels on the "runners". They were only about 1&1/2 inches below the runners but it worked as a training cart. I wore the soles off 3 prs of shoes because I didn't have any other brakes but it worked. That winter I had 6 dogs trained to pull a sleigh I made from old toboggans I snagged from the landfill site. My gangline was made from pieces of rope that I bought from Home Hardware simply because it was easier than using leather the way my grandfather did. It wasn't the professional type I make now but it worked.
Lots and lots of trial and error, lots of money spent on "stuff" that was "substandard equipment" but a real learning experience so the money wasn't wasted.
You know what seems weird to me? When I was searching the web for ideas I couldn't find any of the stuff I started making. Now it's all over the web.
Pretty well the same sites I go on now too. Mind you, 30 years ago things were way different. Most of our computers were used only for data storage. 1.7 Gegs was a huge memory then. And it cost me &1700.00. LOL. What a huge difference now eh.
Anyway, there are lots of sites to look at now. I don't know how geographically close you are to any of them but .......
Here is an address you can look at if you wish, www.blackicedogsledding.com/
Oh yeah, Shiba Inu is a bit small aren't they? Their name means Litle Fox so apparently they would be littler than a fox. I think they were originally bred to hunt.
Actually I have 3 Sibes that didn't get very big and they are strong like the dickens.. I use them for wheel and swing.
Dog Breed Info Center probably has info on Shiba Inu. It has prettywell all dogs on there I think.
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom