• sprint

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Rec

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
image.jpeg

My backyard was practically snow free about 2 hrs before this pic was snapped.
We got 8" from bout 6AM-7PM. It was the light fluffy big flakes. It's settled now to about 3-4" of perfect mushing snow. The weather has been gorgeous with -10*C(?+12*F?), sunshine, breeze-light wind. Friggin perfect. I've been ill with a cold/flu kinda thing. You watch, I'll get to feelin better and we'll get a week of cloudy, blustery weather.:rolleyes::he:confused:whatcha gona do eh?
But I'm still on the right side of the grass. :woot

Last edited:
image.jpeg

This is the ground pegs I use. I attach a 20' chain via a "Quick Link". I use another "QL" to attach a Bull Snap to the other end.
Voila!,.. a 40'diam circle with a house just inside the outer perimeter.
I firmly believe a circle is more conducive to a dogs emotional/mental health. Or atleast according to my observations it appears so.

See, "not cheap" as we intend. But a lot nicer than we started.
Got pix?
Yes I figure chains attached to houses actually are far more troublesome than it's worth. Go the extra and figure out a safer way, like even a cable and pulley system. I've done that as well. My system is still much better.

Exactly!

And yeah, I think I do, I just have to find them or go take new ones lol

Yeah, putting them on the house makes no sense to me. Don't you need trees to do the puppy system?

Regular paint/stain has many characteristics and/or components that can be hazardous to my dogs' health. Well...every dog I would ventur to guess.
Even a lot of the newer 'Eco' or 'enviro' 'friendly' or 'safe' paints can still harm our animal compadres. Dogs chew on all sorts of stuff and quite apparently sometimes for reasons far beyond my comprehension, since I give them marrow bones, smoked dried pig ears or moose hide and such.
More especially the more glossy paints. Latex or enamel looking you know. It cuts their guts. Especially if it's on a larger splinter of wood they've just chewed off. That's another reason I no longer use plastic houses or even components on/in my house. Gee I don't even like to use glue anymore.
LOL...it's almost to where I don't want to use screws or nails.
Because I have so many doghouses I'm carrying a hammer and a multibit screwdriver 2x/wk to pound nails and screw screws that have magically popped out a bit from their countersunk seats.
So ya, paint can be dangerous.
An ounce of prevention far outweighs a pound of cure. Especially for me(my K9's) when it comes to vet costs.

Wow I never thought of that before but it makes sense

View attachment 1183382
My backyard was practically snow free about 2 hrs before this pic was snapped.
We got 8" from bout 6AM-7PM. It was the light fluffy big flakes. It's settled now to about 3-4" of perfect mushing snow. The weather has been gorgeous with -10*C(?+12*F?), sunshine, breeze-light wind. Friggin perfect. I've been ill with a cold/flu kinda thing. You watch, I'll get to feelin better and we'll get a week of cloudy, blustery weather.:rolleyes::he:confused:whatcha gona do eh?
But I'm still on the right side of the grass. :woot

Wow that's awesome but sorry you're sick

View attachment 1183420
This is the ground pegs I use. I attach a 20' chain via a "Quick Link". I use another "QL" to attach a Bull Snap to the other end.
Voila!,.. a 40'diam circle with a house just inside the outer perimeter.
I firmly believe a circle is more conducive to a dogs emotional/mental health. Or atleast according to my observations it appears so.

Seems like an awesome set up!

Hey everyone....
Did you hear?....
charnic is goin to the Jr. Iditarod. She has a fund page and she's selling Tshirts and I think baseball caps with her kennel logo.:clap:celebratego char!

Wow that is awesome!

Exactly!

And yeah, I think I do, I just have to find them or go take new ones lol

Yeah, putting them on the house makes no sense to me. Don't you need trees to do the puppy system?

I don't know what you mean by puppy system.
When a notch whelps I just keep her on her chain till the pups start getting out&about. Then they all go into a large kennel. I've built new ones. 40x40, 55x70 and 101x101. And yes they have trees in them. For shade. One has a 20'diam clum of wllows in the middle. It's about 15' at its tallest. Really good for shade and playing hide&seek.

Wow I never thought of that before but it makes sense

Wow that's awesome but sorry you're sick

Thanks. Ya, I'll get better.
Cheers

Ooohhh I just remembered I've got something interesting to tell ya! I figure it fits here because it's kind of sort of related to sled dogs and mushing. Barely. Lol

I just got Gator a harness for walking! And I got a matching collar and leash too.

This is the package I got. Don't really need the leash cause I like mine but it was cheaper than buying them all individually and I might use it. It's nice to have a matching set. In the picture with all the colors I got the far right one, the dark blue, black, and yellow one.

https://howlingdogalaska.com/collections/hiking/products/city-package

And here are the individual pages. There's better pictures of the harness here haha and you can see how gorgeous his looks on the sled dogs :p

https://howlingdogalaska.com/collections/harnesses/products/distance-harness

https://howlingdogalaska.com/collections/collars/products/standard-collar

https://howlingdogalaska.com/collections/leashes/products/standard-leash

I'm pretty excited to get it and start using it! :D

I also like that it's reflective too because we mostly walk at night cause he can sometimes be leash reactive with other dogs (although my brother walks him fine so idk) and right now he just has a choke collar and hunter green rope leash and he's black. Sooooo.... kinda hard to see us :lau we don't go far or on many main roads, we mainly stay in the neighborhood and there's streetlights in most of it, but it will still be nice to be able to be seen better and occasionally we do go in darker areas or go further as we get in better shape ha

Anyway, I am excited to get it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom