Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Rec

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
Greetings everyone.
I've been long away eh.
What a winter. Hardley mushed at all. Maybe only bout 50 trips or maybe less.
March/1 already saw lotsa snow melted. Then it got hot and very dry. Then the firebugs..........
Idiots just about burned up my pigeon coops and all my dogs.
By the time I got home from work 40ft flames,,,wel.......l suffice to say thank goodness for the local fire brigade and nieghbors
Y'all hear that charnic44 made it to Alaska to the Jr Irod.

image.jpeg
How's everyone's dogs?
Mine are getting really antsy. It's cooling off and the cart is greased-up and ready to roll.
Yo all, I'm selling a sled with all the lines, hooks, mat, extra QCR plastics, an 8 hole transport unit, 8 doghouses, 8 20ft tether chains, collars, harnesses, dishes, ground-pegs, staging line. In short everything except water and food for an 8 dog team.
10G's buys it all. I'm throwing in a trailer and 8 trained sled dogs too. 24 critters is too many for me.
Blue, I'm sending a pic of Misimokiman. That's the female I named in your honor. Ain't she purdy? And DANG! can she pull. Hard workin little thing. She's about 55lbs.

So everyone, LMK how y'all r doin.

Hi how is everyone? Brother and his fiancé adopted a puppy in February and another in September and I was thinking when they are old enough (one turns 1 year on the 15th or 17th of December, one is 5 1/2 months old) I might ask if I can use one or both for skijoring lol one is kind of lazy but oneis fairly high energy and I think would like it. I know they need to be like at least 18 months or two years? So not this winter but next.

Hi how is everyone? Brother and his fiancé adopted a puppy in February and another in September and I was thinking when they are old enough (one turns 1 year on the 15th or 17th of December, one is 5 1/2 months old) I might ask if I can use one or both for skijoring lol one is kind of lazy but oneis fairly high energy and I think would like it. I know they need to be like at least 18 months or two years? So not this winter but next.
I'm doing good! It's been while since I've actually been on BYC. How are you?
Most people I know will start their sled dogs running when they are a year old. When they are younger, they let them get use to the atv and sled by chasing them or being aloud to free roam while the equipment is in an enclosed area. I hope your brother lets you use his dogs. It's such great exercise and fun for them and yourself :)

View attachment 1553586 How's everyone's dogs?
Mine are getting really antsy. It's cooling off and the cart is greased-up and ready to roll.
Yo all, I'm selling a sled with all the lines, hooks, mat, extra QCR plastics, an 8 hole transport unit, 8 doghouses, 8 20ft tether chains, collars, harnesses, dishes, ground-pegs, staging line. In short everything except water and food for an 8 dog team.
10G's buys it all. I'm throwing in a trailer and 8 trained sled dogs too. 24 critters is too many for me.
Blue, I'm sending a pic of Misimokiman. That's the female I named in your honor. Ain't she purdy? And DANG! can she pull. Hard workin little thing. She's about 55lbs.

So everyone, LMK how y'all r doin.
She is BEAUTIFUL! :love:love I feel so honored, thank you!

I'm doing good! It's been while since I've actually been on BYC. How are you?
Most people I know will start their sled dogs running when they are a year old. When they are younger, they let them get use to the atv and sled by chasing them or being aloud to free roam while the equipment is in an enclosed area. I hope your brother lets you use his dogs. It's such great exercise and fun for them and yourself :)

That’s good! And glad to see you back!! I am good! I graduated in May. Started walking the dog, now dogs, immediately after lol, usually 2-3 times a week but sometimes more often, sometimes I go back twice, one week I did it like every day and went back to feed dinner, and they pay me so that’s nice but do need to get a real job lol but I try to train too in addition to just walking them and we play in the yard a lot. They’ve come a long way.

And ahhh okay. I figured they probably got used to the harness and equipment and stuff earlier but actual pulling later? I know jumping for agility and heavy mobility work for service dogs and some other stuff is 18 months when they physically mature/plates close. Figured sledding was the same? Or no? Maybe with a team it is less strain on the individual dog? Just one dog would be more strain, right? It does seem fun though! And she’s actually somewhat used to skis already cause they took her hiking/skiing down when she was younger. I actually don’t know if they’d let me cause she got too close to the ski one time on the way down, actually right after they got engaged on top of the mountain in March lol, and they sliced her paw/leg. Rushed to the emergency vet of course, tears, lol so I don’t know if 1. Libby has a fear of skis now and/or 2. if her mama (FSIL) does and would even let me take her babylol

Oh and Libby is about 75 pounds now. Franklin I think is maybe 40 or 50? He was I think 35 when they got him at around 16 or 17 weeks but he was skinny and wormy and that was 2 months ago. But he’s still not that big. Bigger than he was, for sure, but I doubt he’s 50 yet. We think he might end up being smaller than Libby but we are not sure.

Hi KDOG
Bin a while eh. I'm well enough. I woke up this morn and I was still breathing so I have the battle half won already.
Life is amazing. Lotsa stuff to work thru. Nvr boring.
Re:dogs and skijoring, Yacool. That'd be great. And yes, after a year u cn put thm to work. Lightly at first.

Back
Top Bottom