Votes: 8 53.3%
  • sprint

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Rec

• Other

• Total voters
View attachment 1028317 View attachment 1028320 Hey y'all. Goo-day eh.
I've been up since 5:30. To beautiful to sleep. Last year's hatch of Canada Geese headin north on the Moulting Flight. I can hear birds singing for miles. Breeze swishing the Poplar leaves. Yup too beautiful to sleep.
Blue, I like your avatar. Nice one. I've often considered using Okimaw's image and name too. Never got around to it though.
I captured some images yesterday evening just as I was finishing with dogs. Goin to "Upload a File" and attempt....
Ha! They came in ahead of what I've already typed.
Oh well they're there.
So as y'all can see this what about. $75.00 of spray paint, 7.99 wire bristled brush, $4.00 of sandpaper and 4 days of brushing&sanding and 2 days of painting did to a "very well used" and neglected rig.
The handle bar and wheels are done in hammered steel charcoal with silver metallic and the rest is "Rust Coat".
I'm considering going to the local Hutterite colony and asking them to fab-up a 'frame' to accommodate a spring seat and some fenders.
Always, always, always "change and growth".
Got more pix. Next post
Nice looking training rig!

Blue
I was talking to a buddy that usta run Sams. He said he would clip away some of the coat in summer. Esp under the the belly part. He said where the vitals are gets hot first and most. If we could keep that cooler the rest of the dog stays a bit cooler.
I think he said he used a manual(not electric)clipper. He also used to be a sheep rancher.
(DANG!!!! Clipping sheep with a manual clipper musta been a lot of work eh)
Anyway,......Gona try it?

Blue
I was talking to a buddy that usta run Sams. He said he would clip away some of the coat in summer. Esp under the the belly part. He said where the vitals are gets hot first and most. If we could keep that cooler the rest of the dog stays a bit cooler.
I think he said he used a manual(not electric)clipper. He also used to be a sheep rancher.
(DANG!!!! Clipping sheep with a manual clipper musta been a lot of work eh)
Anyway,......Gona try it?
I have clippers and thank you for the advice! As of now it hasn't been very hot but I will defiantly but the advice into action when we start having warmer days

I have clippers and thank you for the advice! As of now it hasn't been very hot but I will defiantly but the advice into action when we start having warmer days
Oooooops
Forgot to mention, don't cut right to skin. Leave some fur bout 1/2" or so. That way the mosquitoes don't have a free for all. Your dog has at least a bit of defence.

Gona try get up some more pix
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Ain't my(tentative)new dog yard purdy?!!!
Yup, all them yellow things in the "non-close-ups" are Lady Slippers too. Even the ones I mistakenly cut pretty much at ground level are in bloom.
Wow, the will to live eh......
If only we humans in our determination could live thusly, tenacious but at the same time gentle and accomodating to other species.

I've been offered a new job. I'll be doing essentially everything I do now except I'll be getting paid for it.
My life experiences and limited formal education will be put to work using a "country home" setting(garden, farm animals(birds, horses, cows, sheep, goats etc), and mushing and dog-care:celebrate in therapy for kids.
I have to move to an established ranch but a perk is my wife will be hired too........at the same wage rate no less. Of course we are taking our youngest daughter.
It's kinda stressful to move all my animals and tools and such but not near as stressful the tethering system and houses and everything for my K9's.
Other than that I've been training my dogs but a wee bit. The sun sets at 10 so it stays hot till bout midnight. It's cool enough around 4AM till bout 530. .....but that.?...... ....that's just crazy.
Anyone else got any news?

Back
Top Bottom