3clucks

Chirping
Jul 11, 2018
Central Florida
Hi there, I have a lavender Amerucana hen that I am interested in entering at some shows. I have looked online to make sure that color is recognized by the APA but can’t seem to find a definitive answer.... does anyone know whether it is? Or what the recognized amerucana colors are by the APA?

Hi there, I have a lavender Amerucana hen that I am interested in entering at some shows. I have looked online to make sure that color is recognized by the APA but can’t seem to find a definitive answer.... does anyone know whether it is? Or what the recognized amerucana colors are by the APA?

You can show your Ameraucana but you’d have to write “Self-Blue” for the variety; the Lavendar/ Self-Blue variety has not been accepted yet so your bird won’t get more than a Best of Variety but that’s way better than not placing at all.

Ok great thanks for the input.
You can show your Ameraucana but you’d have to write “Self-Blue” for the variety; the Lavendar/ Self-Blue variety has not been accepted yet so your bird won’t get more than a Best of Variety but that’s way better than not placing at all.

Back
Top Bottom