Ancona Chicken Thread

Pics
Quote:
I don't think that they are loud, but they can fly, I've clipped their wings and so far they have not climbed the fence, they do lay a lot of eggs
big_smile.png

How do you tell the difference between Anconas and Exechequer(sp?) Leghorns? I have two girls and I can't seem to figure out if they are Leghorns or Anconas. I got them from TSC from a assorted pullet bin.

No I don't have pics at the moment. They are both full grown hens. One of them is heavily mottled and the other has slight mottling. I thought they were Leghorns, but now I am not sure.

Hello everyone....I have a few Anconas and really like them....They avoid contact , mine are quiet, lay lots of whiteish eggs. Mine all have combs but i would really like to aquire some that are rosecomb....Anyone know of anyone with rosecomb birds that might sell eggs or????? Thanks in advance, eliz martin....can answer here in this thread or [email protected].....

Thankyou, i have tried e-mailing them several times. they must be busy as they have not responded. Last year they directed me to Superior Farms who did have some but have since dispursed their flocks so have hoped that someone may have some of them..... Will keep trying.....Thankyou....eliz

wee.gif
I just had to try it
wee.gif

Ancona roo over Lav Orp hens, what could I get
hu.gif

but 5 chicks hatched last night can't wait till I see what they would look like
tongue2.gif

Back
Top Bottom