Angel wing?

Have you checked to make sure it’s not too tight? Are you offering any niacin?
She has been on niacin for over a week. When there didn't seem to be any improvement I decide to go for the isolation option. She has managed to stand and then sit but I think I am going to try again tonight xxx

You might take the wrap off long enough to let her have a swim that way you can see how she is using her legs. Then rewrap once she is out and dry?

I unwrapped her last night and it looked good. We kept it off overnight and it's still off. There is no angle anymore. We are keeping a close eye so we can treat again if necessary but fingers crossed. I've also let 'her' play in the greenhouse with the others today and is looking ok xxx

Great job! One of my Call ducks has angel wing and she was something else to wrap, even as a tiny bantam duck. I finally ended up having to use actual sticky tape on her wing/wing feathers only, but it was too late. I'm planning on working with her during her molt in hopes of correcting it then. I mention this because you'll want to make sure it's not turning out again whenever she has an annual molt, because that's a possibility. Good job on her 💜

Back
Top Bottom