Another rabbit litter training post

Thanks, I'll make her hay net, and just ordered mats for her area. I'm not sure that floor is root cause of her leg issues personally. I've seen her run like this on carpet, and on the floor. Plus the rotation is quite sever at times, and I don't think this little time on a slippery floor would cause it so quickly, but I could be easily wrong. :p No expert here. I do agree with you that the floor probably influences the leg issues, which I didn't about before. I'll fix that as soon as possible. Do you think fixing the floor would "fix" her leg issues if it is the root problem?
The litter box is fairly large, not as big as the one pictured, but its at least twice her size. I will look into it though. Thanks for the suggestions!
breaking my sewing machine out now for a hay bag. :)

Mine took to full size cat litter boxes too - high sides. I wonder if she’d like one with a top since she likes to hide? You can remove the little door and then she will have her hiding spot and litter box all in one. And as she comes around and gets used to things, the top can come off…

That means the hay has to go on the box floor while it has a top, but it could be a good trade for now.

Straight up I know nothing about rabbits. But I have a question. Do rabbits, like dogs, go back to the same spots they've used before because of scent marking? So if she accidentally pees in a place you don't want her to, is she likely to pee/ poop there again?

Straight up I know nothing about rabbits. But I have a question. Do rabbits, like dogs, go back to the same spots they've used before because of scent marking? So if she accidentally pees in a place you don't want her to, is she likely to pee/ poop there again?
Yes. They will pee in a place that smells like pee. You have to use a deodorizer to get rid of the sent. Animals make it so difficult don't they? ;)

Also, I ended up switching to a large bin I found at Winco for cheep. Its low sided, and a good size. I put the hay back in the bottom since I moved it to the back of her area so that it was more secluded. I didn't have anywhere to hang a hay bag back there. Took the mats away since I was told rabbits will pee on soft things, she was peeing on them daily. There is some grippy area now that I moved the litter box, but I plan on trying a rubber mat, and will hopefully get one next week.
Her peeing habits are much better, though she could still improve on the poops. We'll see how it goes. :p

The slippery floor is probably why her legs are screwed up.

I'd move the water out of the litter box and I'd put the hay in something.

I'd also get a bigger litter box.

Example of bigger:
View attachment 2955303View attachment 2955304

I would also stop moving stuff. Let her get used to where things are/stay.

The biggest thing would be to make the floor non slippery and bigger litter box.
she is so cute!!

Back
Top Bottom