Any Artists in the house?

Here is a commission I did in 2015... it's been a while since I've had time to do anything really.

12339541_10154346254215400_1256863124882437464_o.jpg

One thing that I would like to suggest. If you create your own art work or photos (not copy other art work or from photos that don't belong to you)...... and publish them on line. Go ahead and file for copyright. If you do it on line it's $35.00 and it gives you the right to pursue legal action. https://eco.copyright.gov/

Here is a little bit about my experience in this matter. In 2008, I drew a simple line drawing of a Cane Corso from a photo (I had permission to use it). I drew it for a friend who used it in her store on line to sell merchandise. I received a small cut of the profits as well. But then ....... since there wasn't much art work out there of the breed, everyone was taking my drawing and using it for their own personal use or gain. I have seen my drawing on trophies, on banners at Eukanuba dog shows, lots of merchandise stores, metal cutter designs, free clip art... the list goes on. Just on this one drawing and everyone making a profit on it but me. It's been so bad that I created a FB page just to hunt people down.
https://www.facebook.com/Cane-Corso-image-282089071836827/
cane corso head.jpg

It has become a global problem for me. The worst countries are India, turkey and similar. I've had stores refuse to pull down my stolen art work unless I produced a copyright registration number... so I have one. I just put it on all my illustrative work anymore. it's ridiculous. But, you never know what may go viral. So protect yourself. BTW, water marks are easily removed or manipulated so don't depend on these.

I have gotten real good at getting peoples stores and websites shut down by the host for stealing it, but I cannot do much about the a holes over seas in the less "civilized" countries.

Last edited:
Couple of my digital paintings I did for breed group members on another site, free and unsolicited gesture for them. The second one I'm most proud of, this guy was the soul survivor of a rooster attack at my friends breeding farm out of five. He's fully recovered from the mauling he received into this very noble and majestic bird you see.
I like your use of light in that one.

My work looks like chicken scratch next to what's posted in this thread (see what I did there? Heh heh? :gig) But I sketch casually when I'm bored. I've sort of fallen out of the habit lately but I'll get back into it and hopefully get better.
IMG_4228.JPG

I drew this one for The Angry Hen.

My work looks like chicken scratch next to what's posted in this thread (see what I did there? Heh heh? :gig) But I sketch casually when I'm bored. I've sort of fallen out of the habit lately but I'll get back into it and hopefully get better.
View attachment 1229646
I drew this one for The Angry Hen.
Doesn't matter in comparison to anyone else, as long as you get some satisfaction from it. That's the real inspiration! I like it, simple and basic with defined edges and contrast.

One thing that I would like to suggest. If you create your own art work or photos (not copy other art work or from photos that don't belong to you)...... and publish them on line. Go ahead and file for copyright. If you do it on line it's $35.00 and it gives you the right to pursue legal action. https://eco.copyright.gov/

Here is a little bit about my experience in this matter. In 2008, I drew a simple line drawing of a Cane Corso from a photo (I had permission to use it). I drew it for a friend who used it in her store on line to sell merchandise. I received a small cut of the profits as well. But then ....... since there wasn't much art work out there of the breed, everyone was taking my drawing and using it for their own personal use or gain. I have seen my drawing on trophies, on banners at Eukanuba dog shows, lots of merchandise stores, metal cutter designs, free clip art... the list goes on. Just on this one drawing and everyone making a profit on it but me. It's been so bad that I created a FB page just to hunt people down.
https://www.facebook.com/Cane-Corso-image-282089071836827/ View attachment 1201996

It has become a global problem for me. The worst countries are India, turkey and similar. I've had stores refuse to pull down my stolen art work unless I produced a copyright registration number... so I have one. I just put it on all my illustrative work anymore. it's ridiculous. But, you never know what may go viral. So protect yourself. BTW, water marks are easily removed or manipulated so don't depend on these.

I have gotten real good at getting peoples stores and websites shut down by the host for stealing it, but I cannot do much about the a holes over seas in the less "civilized" countries.

https://www.facebook.com/Cane-Corso-image-282089071836827/ View attachment 1201996

Wow that’s awful! That really sucks that happened to you. This is really good information. Some of my work is not “original” (I have used paintings as a reference to better my technique) but I always state it’s not my original idea and never sell those pieces/always give the original artist credit. However, I did not know how easy it was to buy a copyright. My husband was just asking me about this/how to handle a situation like you just described (recently decided to sell prints of my original work) Glad I found your post!

Back
Top Bottom