Any hard water freaks here?

:lau

Phil, you've got quite a few lakes to pick from where you live, which one do you like the best, and what's in it? We spent some time up there a few years ago doing the tourist thing, went to marquette, iron mountain, pictured rocks, most of the tourist traps. didn't do any fishing though.

I usually fish Little lake. Because it's right here and a nice lake to fish. But it's hard to get on in the winter without knowing someone. Munising bay has great ice action for whitefish, splake and coho. Big shag has good slab size bluegills.

I only fish on Saginaw Bay, mostly walleyes, perch are making a comeback. I like to fish for pan fish, crappie, bluegill, but the closest fishing for them is an hour's drive. The bay can be treacherous, cracks open, and the fishing is on the other side, so sometimes you can't get out. Last winter we had ice starting early, then a warm up that took all the ice, then there wasn't any good ice to get out on, so I didn't wet a lie last winter. May have to take up spearing, that's usually in close. Nice talking with you, keep me posted as to how you do this winter. Al

Back
Top Bottom