Any help on why this turkey died and can we still eat it.

Thanks for the compliment, but no, not a vet, nor do I have any medical training. I am just a fellow backyard poultry owner that likes to understand as much as I can, so I do many of my own necropsies and research the various medical issues that I see in my flock of turkeys, peafowl, guineas, ducks, chickens, pigeons and one dove.

-Kathy
Incredible! You doing a great job

Thanks for the compliment, but no, not a vet, nor do I have any medical training. I am just a fellow backyard poultry owner that likes to understand as much as I can, so I do many of my own necropsies and research the various medical issues that I see in my flock of turkeys, peafowl, guineas, ducks, chickens, pigeons and one dove.

-Kathy

Incredible! You doing a great job

Thanks, it's been quite the learning experience!

-Kathy

Any pictures?

-Kathy

I saw it alive around noon, it was dead at 3 am, I did the necropsy then... so at the most 15 hours.

I saw it alive around noon, it was dead at 3 am, I did the necropsy then... so at the most 15 hours. 

What temp was it for those 15 hours? Had it been sitting in the sun? I ask because after only 15 hours the ones I have done usually look better than that.

The liver pic you just posted looks fine. What about the intestines?

-Kathy

What temp was it for those 15 hours? Had it been sitting in the sun? I ask because after only 15 hours the ones I have done usually look better than that.

The liver pic you just posted looks fine. What about the intestines?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom