Any horse conformation experts out there?

Sounds like you made a good choice. The abscess would concern me the most, especially if there is a chance it has invaded the joint. She probably could make a nice pet but if you are going to invest time and money into training a horse I would go for one that has decent conformation to begin with! (Granted, my family owns an ugly horse that is cow hocked but was trained on a ranch, and he is sound. Sound horses can have conformation faults but some not all conformation faults are created equal)

I wish the rescue place wasn't so far from me. You mentioned a huge Percheron being there. Him I would LOVE to be able to take home.

She is pretty cow-hocked, but there are many cow-hocked horses that turn out just fine. For $350, i'd say go ahead, but your area may be different. In my area, horses are REALLY expensive. With the right training and and conditioning, you could make up for a few of the conformation flaws.She is a very beautiful horse, despite conformation issues, and could make an okay riding horse.

Yeah. I couldn't believe how cheap she was.

Back
Top Bottom